Unable to play xxxxxxx. Lost connection to spotify - over and over and over again...

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

158 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi, I have similar issues. It keeps dropping soundcloud, tidal and some stations cannot connect any longer.

I have send diagnostics, not sure what is going on but I have only had Sonos for less than a week and I am already getting problems. Hope this can be resolved quickly.

Diagnostics number 4829873

Thanks in advance

Seeing a couple of issues in the report, including some file sharing issues. If you’re still experiencing trouble with the music library double-check the share settings for the specific folders you’re trying to share:
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2414

If the settings appear to be fine, make sure you’ve no other computer on the network with the same name. Please attempt to re-add the share if it’s the only computer on the network.

There were also a couple of DNS issues in the diagnostic, this can be resolved simply by restarting the router.

If you’re still having trouble with the music services after restarting the router, we kindly ask that you try removing one of them then simply re-add it:
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2864
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi,
I am having the same issues here as well. I just signed up for a spotify family account today (Presumably it upgraded me from a free account, as my computer remembered the log in details). Some songs play, the others give the message "lost connection to spotify….".
I have reset my router, removed and re-installed sonos and spotify. Same thing.

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Diagnostics report number: 4901389
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi,
I am having the same issues here as well. I just signed up for a spotify family account today (Presumably it upgraded me from a free account, as my computer remembered the log in details). Some songs play, the others give the message "lost connection to spotify….".

Hi Pete, can you try clearing the queue and then remove Spotify from Sonos: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2864.
Then restart your router and Sonos products by unplugging the power cables for about ten seconds. Finally re-add your account to Sonos, then search for a track and see if it will play all the way through. Let me know the outcome here, if you're still having trouble please respond with a new diagnostic number, thanks.
Hi - I have this problem too. I tried Pandora and Spotify; both have the problem. It's only happening on one of our PLAY:1. We have another PLAY:1 and a PLAY:5 that don't have a problem. Diagnostics were sent in as 4904966. Thanks!
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi - I have this problem too. I tried Pandora and Spotify; both have the problem. It's only happening on one of our PLAY:1. We have another PLAY:1 and a PLAY:5 that don't have a problem. Diagnostics were sent in as 4904966. Thanks!

Your report is actually very good, just a couple of DNS issues. Please try clearing the queue if there are tracks there, then remove Spotify from Sonos as per these instructions: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2768. Now restart router and all Sonos products by unplugging the power cables for about 10 seconds.

If no tracks were in your queue, simply try removing Spotify, restarting the router and Sonos products then re-add the service to your system. Let me know how it went, thanks.
Removing and readding Spotify service resolved the issue. I had already removed all tracks and had shut down the PLAY:1 prior to doing that, so all I did this time was remove/readd Spotify. Thanks!
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Spotify service resolved the issue.
Happy to hear it's resolved. Let us know if you have any other questions.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi,

Hi Pete, can you try clearing the queue and then remove Spotify from Sonos: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2864.
Then restart your router and Sonos products by unplugging the power cables for about ten seconds. Finally re-add your account to Sonos, then search for a track and see if it will play all the way through. Let me know the outcome here, if you're still having trouble please respond with a new diagnostic number, thanks.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi,

Thanks for your reply and for looking into this for me. No Joy I am afraid. Same problem again.

Diagnostics confirmation number is: 4920372

Kind Regards,

Pete
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi,

Hi Mohammed,

Any news on the above, the new Diagnostics number was: 4920372

Kind Regards,

Pete
Hi,
whenever i want to play spotify from any of my play 5's the same message "lost connection with spotify" comes up (doesn't play any of the song).
It has been going on for about 1 year now and I have tried clearing the queue,removing spotify, turning off ALL play 5's, restarting the router and then readding spotify but nothing seems to be working.
Tune in and soundcloud work perfectly fine.
Any suggestions?
diagnostics number is: 4950180

Regards
Angad
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi,

Hi Mohammed,

Any news on the above, the new Diagnostics number was: 4920372

Kind Regards,

Pete

Hello again…….

Ok, so no reply back from SONOS yet but I am still having the same problem. Followed the above advice also.

Interestingly enough after a bit of playing about it seems this problem only happens (for me anyway) between 15:30 and 22:00 GMT. No idea if this is connected or not. At all other times I can add playlists, and use spotify on the SONOS controller (phone and desktop) normally. After 15:30 I can no longer play anything from Spotify through my Sonos system and any music playing will stop at 15:30 EXACTLY. I have repeatedly tested this (to be fairly sure) all this week and It has been behaving like this for the last week (at least) and I presume since I signed up to Spotify Family about 3 weeks ago. I get the message "Unable to play XXXXX - The connection to spotify was lost". Before and after this 'blackout' time I can stream music and add/use playlists from Spotify normally through the Sonos apps (on phone and desktop) and I can stream all audio on the Spotify apps ALL the time. Not sure what the heck is going on or why? (Initially I thought it might be my ISP provider blocking spotify at 'busy' times - but if that is the case then how come I can play Spotify playlists and audio through the Spotify apps at any time?
The times I can't use it are the times when I really want to !

I have included some screen shots for info.

New Diagnostics sent: Confirmation number is: 4953900

PLEASE PLEASE GET BACK TO ME WITH SOME HELP.

Cheers,

Pete
Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi Pete, I have reviewed your diagnostic. I see you are in contact with our customer care ticket number: 151001-001436. The best would be to continue with our customer care agents.
They will be able to remotely check your system and network. Let us know how it goes.
Hello Sonos
I am experiencing the same issue.
Everything has been working fine until the recent update after which time Spotify stopped playing and Sonos is reporting an error "Unable to play xxxx -connection to Spotify was lost". It usually runs for about 10 seconds - with no music being played - after which time the error message appears. All local music and other services are working normally.

I have tried the reboot, disconnect and reinstall approach suggested in this and other threads but so far no luck.

Please help !

Diagnostic number 4980371

Note: I have currently disconnected my Play:3 and Play:5 in order to more efficiently do the reboot and restart action.

Thanks
Hello

I'm having the same problem as Pete. For the last couple of weeks,Spotify stops playing at exactly 7pm and then seems to be fine again by the morning. I've removed and added my Spotify account twice but that hasn't helped. This only happens with Spotify - radio is fine.

Diagnostics number 4997307

Please help as this is very frustrating.

Thanks

Gez
Recently started to get "Connection lost to spotify " issue with my sonos system , tried the set device password method but still having the same issue ... very frustrating .

Diagnostic confirmation number is: 5004195.

hope someone from sonos could help me out.
Hi - Same issue as everyone else. Have followed all the recommended steps, it just will not stream Spotify.

Diagnostic no. 5004584
same issue here, I have submitted a diagnostic: 5014273.

this has been going on for over 3 weeks, I have tried doing everything. The only thing I can add is that it has stopped in the middle of playing once.

I would really like this resolved, otherwise these speakers have 0 value for me.
So turns out this was an internal dns issue. So the sonos device must do some sort of match, I switched my dns over to opendns and they are now working. I did call in to tech support to go through the steps. Great assistance and help to resolve the initial issues.
I am experiencing the same problem with Spotify but not radio stations.
It says it is unable to play because the connection to Spotify was lost. Have tried rebooting etc
Diagnostics no 5122709
I am experiencing the same problem with Spotify.
"unable to play because the connection to Spotify was lost"
Software is up-to-date, tried reboot, etc.
Diagnostics no 5124365.

Please help !! The issue started today.
Same problem here as well today. "Unable to play because the connection to Spotify was lost". As Patrick_18 the system is updated. I've also tried rebooting the router and Sonos. Have also tried to remove the Spotify-service and adding it again. Radio from Tunein and other services (like 22Tracks) are working.

Diagnostics# 5124327.
Same Spotify problem. Seems to me that it isn't to do with our local system. I have rebooted, restarted, reconnected spotify and updated my software. All other services are working fine. Just Spotify, which is frustrating because that is the service I rely on!
I've heard nothing from Sonos. I see there is some sort of technical issue listed on the sonos website though!
It would be good if they could update us on what's going on and when they think it will be fixed
I am also unable to play spotify for the last day or two through Sonos. I updated my Sonos system, turned off and restarted my router and sonos, removed spotify and readded the account (use facebook account for premium account credentials). Still getting the same error. It looks like it will play, it finds music, displays the artwork and details, but then says "Connection to Spotify is lost". My dignostics message is 5125217. By the way, the Radio plays just fine through Sonos.