Answered

Unable to play - the connection to TIDAL was lost.

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply
For the last 3 months I have suddenly been unable to play any music from TIDAL through the Sonos app. When I go to play a song it gives me the error 'Unable to play - the connection to TIDAL was lost. I have tried removing the TIDAL music service and then adding again but this didnt make any difference. Until today I could still browse 'My Music' on TIDAL through the Sonos app but now it shows 'No selections available'.
I can play TIDAL through their own app and the TIDAL web app so, their service is clearly working fine.
I see there are a few similar posts on the community but none seem to show a resolution.

Please advise how I can get this fixed.

thanks
icon

Best answer by Dom1da 21 January 2019, 12:07

First try rebooting your router that worked for me.
i use Tidal as well.
are one sonos your speakers wired to the router or are they fully wirless?

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
First try rebooting your router that worked for me.
i use Tidal as well.
are one sonos your speakers wired to the router or are they fully wirless?
My Sonos Connect is wired. I think I've done a router reboot but will try again. tx
I am with Sonos 10.0 (but it was same issue with previous version) and listening to Tidal I listen for 20-40 seconds of a song before Sonos displays "Connexion lost with Tidal" , jumps to next song and works for 20-40 secends before Sonos... etc,etc... until Tidal is stopped... What can I do (Listening to TuneIn is quite better). I tried to reboot but it does make any change...
What can I do ??
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
DD007 wrote:

I am with Sonos 10.0 (but it was same issue with previous version) and listening to Tidal I listen for 20-40 seconds of a song before Sonos displays "Connexion lost with Tidal" , jumps to next song and works for 20-40 secends before Sonos... etc,etc... until Tidal is stopped... What can I do (Listening to TuneIn is quite better). I tried to reboot but it does make any change...
What can I do ??

is your speaker connected to your router ?
if not connect it with an Ethernet cable to your router and try again see if that helps
Thanks. Will try to find a cable !
I have the same problem here, playing songs from tidal using a pair of play 3's. Im also using ethernet cables on both of them and it's been working fine for half a year until recently. I've tried almost everything; resetting my routers, changing the ethernet cables, reauthorising tidal etc.. Any other solutions that I can try out?

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings