Question

unable to play - the connection to Pandora was lost

• 11 December 2012
  • 31 replies

I have tried disconnecting all of my Sonos components for at least 2 minutes. Pandora then played for 1 minute and then the error message came back - "unable to play - the connection to Pandora was lost". This started happening in a similar pattern 2 weeks ago after 1 full year of no problems. Pandora works fine on my desktop and internet browser but not on Sonos now. Any ideas? We love Pandora on our Sonos.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
same problem here.  can't play radio. can't update. submitted diagnostics but haven't heard anything back
I'm having the same issue and also unable to submit a diagnostic…. how did others get this issue fixed 2 months ago?
Userlevel 2
I never did anything, it started working again one day.  It may have been my network connection was really bad, but honestly, I'm not sure.
I am currently having this issue.  I have submitted diagnostics, confirmation # 3405884
SAME PROBLEM

Hi have this error :
Unable to play 'Soft Rock Radio' - the connection to Pandora was lost.

Your confirmation number is: 6891063.
Someone can help with that. I delete the pandora and install it again, I reset the sonos connect too. Sometimes is working fine for 8 hours and suddenly it stops playing music.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
SAME PROBLEM

Hi have this error :
Unable to play 'Soft Rock Radio' - the connection to Pandora was lost.

Your confirmation number is: 6891063.
Someone can help with that. I delete the pandora and install it again, I reset the sonos connect too. Sometimes is working fine for 8 hours and suddenly it stops playing music.

Hi EliAHSTI,

It looks like the connection to Pandora is timing out every so often. This can be due to out of date DNS information or internet connectivity issues. Try rebooting your router and your Sonos unit to update network information. If issues continue, try running a speedtest and pingtest, then post the results.