Answered

Unable to play Spotify

• 11 April 2018
  • 3 replies

Previously sonos was saying "unable to add to Queue upgrade to Premium, even though i had Premium family. I've tried to re-install my account and the main family account. Then i've tried to play through Spotify app and connect to PLAY3. It worked. But now when i go back to Sonos app and try to play song on spotify it says: "connection to spotify lost"

I have run diagnostics - 583960585
icon

Best answer by tomkm 11 April 2018, 14:35

OK I will try to do it later (running something on PC which requires internet) but radio (TuneIn) works fine through sonos.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would first try a reboot of your router.
OK I will try to do it later (running something on PC which requires internet) but radio (TuneIn) works fine through sonos.
Previously sonos was saying "unable to add to Queue upgrade to Premium, even though i had Premium family. I've tried to re-install my account and the main family account. Then i've tried to play through Spotify app and connect to PLAY3. It worked. But now when i go back to Sonos app and try to play song on spotify it says: "connection to spotify lost"

I have run diagnostics - 583960585

FWIW, I had been having issues for almost 3 months with my Sonos system. Literally all of a sudden one day, I could not play Spotify music to my Sonos system. I could play local music and/or Amazon and Pandora just fine. I tried removing the Spotify music service, only to get repeated errors when trying to add it back. I spent countless hours troubleshooting on the phone between Sonos and Cisco (my wireless access point), and never got anywhere. One day while organizing my basement, I came across my Sonos Boost. I used to use this in an old apartment when I had a very crappy wireless access point. Anyway, on a whim I plugged it in, and Spotify + Sonos worked perfectly. Almost as soon as I unplugged the Boost to test, Spotify kept giving me errors again.

In my case, I think a weak signal somewhere within my Sonos network was to blame, and the Boost completely solved it.