Answered

Unable to play "Song Title" - the connection to Spotify was lost

Userlevel 1

I emailed Sonos with details of an error at the weekend - got a message promising a reply within 24 hours but have heard nothing - so though I would try here.

In the past few week Spotify (Premium Family members) has become completely redundant on our Sonos system.  None of us are able to play any Spotify tracks on Sonos - either from the Spotify app or from the Sonos Controller app.

We have been through all of the suggestions (rebooting, removing Sonos, removing Spotify, checking Wi-Fi connection etc) and nothing has fixed it.

We can stream from our Music Library to all devices (so we assume wi-fi is working fine ) and we can stream internet radio stations (so we assume Sonos has internet connection).

I have submitted support diagnostics reference 1445143747.

Any suggestions much appreciated

icon

Best answer by ghostsup 14 June 2020, 10:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

57 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Reporting back.  So far it works as it should since the Netgear firmware update.

Badge

Reporting back.  So far it works as it should since the Netgear firmware update.

Fingers crossed it continues for you :)

How bout now?  Anyone else tried the Orbi update and had luck?  Last time I updated Orbi...I lost connectivity to many 2.4G devices and had to roll back.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

How bout now?  Anyone else tried the Orbi update and had luck?  Last time I updated Orbi...I lost connectivity to many 2.4G devices and had to roll back.  

Still working like a charm.

I am having the same issue. Have tried so many fixes on different threads and nothing works. The problem was really exasperated once I upgraded to the S2 app. I have four Play:1 speakers and no way of actually playing more than a few seconds of a song before it skips to the next a few times and eventually gives up. 

Thanks to seeing the note from “ghostsup”, I updated my ORBI mesh firmware to 2.5.1.16 and the problem has also gone away. I recently upgraded to Sonos S2 with a Port and the Spotify connect problem became very noticeable before the ORBI firmware upgrade.

Just wanted to add my thanks for this. After weeks of searching through google for a fix (including other threads on this forum!) I finally found this thread, and updating my Orbi router did work! It has been working for a few weeks now.

Today I bought a new Orbi satellite and plugged it in near the Sonos. The issue returned… but of course, the new satellite came with an older firmware version. So I updated it and once again, it started working.

It would have been really helpful if Sonos had this information surfaced a little more visibly on their website somewhere. Maybe they can add it to their support pages, to save anyone else the many frustrating hours I experienced trying to fix it!