Answered

Unable to play "song title" - connection to Spotify was lost

Hi - any help on this issue? I’ve seen a number of similar questions with but not sure how to best troubleshoot.  I was in touch with Sonos support but haven’t heard back.  

Weirdly another phone on the same Sonos system, using a different Spotify account, is able to play without any problem.   

Diagnostics number is 1958733386.   

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Richard F. 26 March 2020, 15:23

Does your Spotify account have problems outside of Sonos, or does this only happen within the Sonos?

At this point, you may benefit from giving our support line a call as we can perform more advanced troubleshooting in live time. We can also add one of our Spotify accounts to your system for testing purposes to see if that account also has trouble.  You can find our contact information here.

View original

44 replies

We are in the same situation- getting the « unable to play …. connection to Spotify is lost ».  Tried full reboot, updated apps, reinstalled Spotify. Nothing is working. And Spotify is fine on its own. It still seems like this is not resolved. Please help!

Echoing @dmdill here. I spent all day listening to Spotify on some of my Sonos Plays and suddenly for the last hour Spotify is turning up this error. I restarted the Sonos and my router to no avail. This has never happened to me before. What gives?

Yep, getting this too in the last hour.

I am having the same issue as well…..looks like this is a bigger issue that is impacting a number of users.   Just started today.  

Yes, I just encountered the same issue today (a few hours ago). All other music services seem to be working fine… However, when trying to play content from Spotify (Premium account), it fails and I keep getting the error message, “Unable to play ‘___’ - the connection to Spotify was lost.”

• I restarted my iPhone
  • I restarted the Sonos and Spotify apps.
  • I confirmed Spotify is working outside of Sonos. No issues.
  • I removed my Spotify account from the Sonos app, then added it back.
  • I rebooted my modem and router, then rebooted Sonos devices.

This did not resolve the issue - I’m still unable to play anything from Spotify on any of my Sonos devices (PlayBar, Sub, Amp + Architectural, and Ones)

Also just noticed this thread as “Answered” by the moderators.  This is clearly false, admins please keep this topic opened as several users have not had satisfactory resolutions to this issue. 

Same issue here.

https://status.sonos.com/

Exact Same issue here. Started yest 5/6

I suggest you read the post just above yours.

I have been having this exact problem off/on the past week (and right now am unable to listen to any music on my Sonos which is VERY frustrating). I have tried all the suggested fixes - is there a larger bug going on? Spotify works perfectly in its own app. I don’t seem to have any other connection issues network-wise. Can “reauthorize” Spotify to a success screen. Audible works fine as a service. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP. Literally this “tiny” bug has essentially bricked my expensive speakers from playing music I pay monthly for. I know not every bug can be addressed all the time, but this seems pretty critical and not an isolated event.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello @Arun Sawhney 

Thank you for providing us with the diagnostic. I see from the report that it looks like something is preventing a connection to Saavn. Do you have any firewalls being used? I believe that you may have to call our phone support because we would need to collect information about your network topology.

I am now joining this thread with the same issues repeated multiple times in this ticket.  

Tried all of the fixed repeated here (restarting router, removing and re-authorizing Spotify from Sonos controller) and no luck. 

Same here too

Same problem here. 

Started without any change in router settings probably a couple of days ago. 

As jgatie indicated: https://status.sonos.com/

Same exact issue here. This happens every one in a while but it’s usually short lived. Tonight is not. Been troubleshooting for about an hour with no luck. Looks like I’m not the only one. 

All of my Sonos devices suddenly began playing Spotify content as of 5 minutes ago (around 7:20pm PT)!

I randomly tried re-grouping my Sonos devices several times and they began playing Spotify one at a time until they all began playing. This did not work previously, so I assume some issue was just resolved on Sonos’ or Spotify’s end.

All of my Sonos devices suddenly began playing Spotify content as of 5 minutes ago (around 7:20pm PT)!

I randomly tried re-grouping my Sonos devices several times and they began playing Spotify one at a time until they all began playing. This did not work previously, so I assume some issue was just resolved on Sonos’ or Spotify’s end.

As I read this, I tried mine and it came back as well!….. for a moment. Now it’s broken again. Oh well, guess I’ll try again tomorrow. Nice to see that we’re seeing somewhat the same thing though. Makes me feel better that I’m not the cause… thanks for the post!

Still experiencing the same issue as everyone else. It happened to me 2 years ago and stopped after a few weeks. I hope this can get resolved soon. But is Sonos really doing anything to fix it?

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hello @ferndinho. Welcome to the Community, and thank you for supplying that diagnostic. I am not seeing anything major that could be causing this to happen. I am leaning more towards this being an account issue. When you have a moment, please remove the Spotify account that this is happening on from your Sonos system, and then add it back. Once added back, please test it out. Does the problem still continue? 

Hi @Richard F.  - thanks for the help.  I’ve done this multiple times with no luck.   

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Thank you for providing that information. Does this happen when playback is started from the Sonos application, or the Spotify application? 

Also, is this a free, or a premium account?

It happens when playback is started both ways, in the sonos app and in the spotify app.  This is a premium account.   

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Thank you. We are losing connection to the Spotify server, and are unable to maintain connection to the account. Have you rebooted your network recently, such as your router? I know it only happens with one account, but sometimes this helps. 

Hi - yes, I’ve rebooted the router multiple times as well. 

I am having the same problem!  I tried everything.  It is strange that I can stream YouTube to Sonos but not Spotify!