Answered

Unable to play "song title" - connection to Spotify was lost

• 25 March 2020
  • 8 replies

Hi - any help on this issue? I’ve seen a number of similar questions with but not sure how to best troubleshoot.  I was in touch with Sonos support but haven’t heard back.  

Weirdly another phone on the same Sonos system, using a different Spotify account, is able to play without any problem.   

Diagnostics number is 1958733386.   

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Richard F. 26 March 2020, 15:23

Does your Spotify account have problems outside of Sonos, or does this only happen within the Sonos?

At this point, you may benefit from giving our support line a call as we can perform more advanced troubleshooting in live time. We can also add one of our Spotify accounts to your system for testing purposes to see if that account also has trouble.  You can find our contact information here.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello @ferndinho. Welcome to the Community, and thank you for supplying that diagnostic. I am not seeing anything major that could be causing this to happen. I am leaning more towards this being an account issue. When you have a moment, please remove the Spotify account that this is happening on from your Sonos system, and then add it back. Once added back, please test it out. Does the problem still continue? 

Hi @Richard F.  - thanks for the help.  I’ve done this multiple times with no luck.   

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Thank you for providing that information. Does this happen when playback is started from the Sonos application, or the Spotify application? 

Also, is this a free, or a premium account?

It happens when playback is started both ways, in the sonos app and in the spotify app.  This is a premium account.   

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Thank you. We are losing connection to the Spotify server, and are unable to maintain connection to the account. Have you rebooted your network recently, such as your router? I know it only happens with one account, but sometimes this helps. 

Hi - yes, I’ve rebooted the router multiple times as well. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Does your Spotify account have problems outside of Sonos, or does this only happen within the Sonos?

At this point, you may benefit from giving our support line a call as we can perform more advanced troubleshooting in live time. We can also add one of our Spotify accounts to your system for testing purposes to see if that account also has trouble.  You can find our contact information here.

no issues with spotify on it’s own.  only when trying to play via sonos app or connecting to sonos speaker through spotify app. i will give service center a call but have also been corresponding with someone over email.