Answered

Unable to play same music to more than 2 speakers

• 26 May 2022
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I have 3 Symfonisk Bookshelf speakers all in the same room, on wifi, connected to an access point pretty much in the middle of all 3 and I can choose different music to play on each speaker at the same time without issue. The issue I have is when I try to play the same music to all 3 at the same time it only plays through one. If I choose any combo of 2 to play then it works (speakers A+B, B+C, A+C all work). If I stereo pair 2 together and play to that pair and the 3rd it still only plays through 2.

Anyone have any ideas on what else I can try?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 May 2022, 08:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

That suggests a certain amount of wifi interference , not enough to bother individual playback, but enough when all three speakers are trying to communicate with each other and your router. 

I suppose there is a very remote possibility of a software error, but you could unplug the speakers from power for a minute, then plug them back in to force a reload of the OS. But I’d think if there was a software issue, they wouldn’t even work as grouped pairs. 

You used the term Access Point, something often Sonos tends not to work with well, depending on the method bu which the device works. I might suggest that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.