Question

Unable to play Pandora

• 13 January 2017
  • 3 replies

I got my Sonos speaker for Christmas and set it up at home and it was working fine. But I just came back to college and am trying to set it up in my apartment and not everything is working. I am able to play my playlist on my phone but nothing else. All I really care about is getting Pandora to play through the speaker. It keeps saying "the connection to Pandora was lost." What can I do to fix this? Thank you in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Hmm... just as a general troubleshooting question:

I'm making the assumption (please correct if wrong) that you have been able to add the service while at your apartment and are losing the connection? Yes? e.g. you can get to the internet, but maintaining the stream is the problem?

Have you done a speed test to confirm the download speed you are actually getting through your internet connection and perhaps assessed your latency? If everything works off local sources perfectly, that suggests that the wifi connection from Sonos devices and your local source is ok... so wifi network working, etc... but perhaps points to a connection challenge if an internet source is the problem. I'd do a check of your connection.

You can get in touch with Sonos staff on here and submit a diagnostic, (Mac >Sonos>aboutmySonosSystem>submitadiagnostic, or iPhone:settings,advancedsettings,submit... ) and post the number and I believe they can identify details of the dropping challenge inside the data collected from the diagnostic...

Best of luck,
I did a speed test and it says my internet speed is good. I just submitted a diagnostic. My confirmation number is 6992929.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I did a speed test and it says my internet speed is good. I just submitted a diagnostic. My confirmation number is 6992929.

Hi katie530,

There may be a DNS issue preventing your Sonos system from connecting. Please try rebooting your router and each Sonos unit as well. This will cause the units to get updated network information and may help. To reboot your Sonos units just remove them from power for ten seconds or so then plug them back in.