Unable to play music from Amazon Prime

• 18 March 2021
  • 4 replies

I have the latest Sonos app, I am subscribed to Amazon Prime, therefore I assume I can play those two million songs that Sonos quote. However, every song I try to play, I get a message, ‘Go Unlimited. Listen to music… sign up here...’

I don’t want to pay for an additional subscription. So, kind people, how can I play some music?

Thank you for reading.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +17

Hi @robertjjarvisfr, welcome to the community.

It sounds like this could be one of two things. 

1. Your Amazon Music subscription type isn’t Prime Music, but a different level. Amazon offer a service that gives Amazon Music unlimited for one Echo device and this level is not compatible with Sonos. Log into the Amazon music website on a computer and check your subscription level in your account settings.
  2. Your subscription level is correct, but your Sonos system doesn’t recognise it. To fix this, try removing and re-adding the Amazon Music account from your Sonos system.

You can also check if you’re able to play those songs in the Amazon Music app, and try to play the same ones in Sonos.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi James

Thank you for replying.

1. I am subscribed to Amazoni Prime, I can listen to Prime Music within the Amazon Music app.
  2. I removed the Amazon service from Sonos and then re-added, I still get the same result.
  3. I played a song in the Amazon Music app, then tried playing the same song within Sonos but still no success.
  4. I’ve attached a screenshot showing the recurring message.
  5. I should add that I’ve also re-installed the Sonos app from Play Store. I should also add that my device is a Sonos Play One.

Badge +17

Understood. I also have an Amazon Prime account (not Unlimited, UK based too) and I’m able to play that album without issue. At this point I’d recommend getting in touch with our customer care team, so they can take a closer look at your system and get you listening to Amazon Music again.

Thank you, James

The fact that you mentioned UK based has made me wonder if my problem may be because I actually live in France. I’ve had a few issues with apps since my move last November.