Answered

Unable to play from Mixcloud.

• 19 October 2020
  • 10 replies

Hi!

Lately, I have been having an increasing amount of connection issues with Mixcloud. The error message I get most frequently is:

> Unable to play ‘...' - unable to connect to Mixcloud.

It just goes through the queue and skips everything that is from Mixcloud. Or it may start for a brief moment to be unexpectedly interrupted.

I have submitted a diagnostic under the number `1543128233`.

I get it with both a Sonos One SL and a Beam. Spotify plays fine.

icon

Best answer by Paul A 19 October 2020, 16:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @kastlan.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and submitting a diagnostic. I understand your situation and would want to help out.

I would like to share with you our music service status guide that shows all Music service on Sonos and their current running status. We currently have an outage with the music service Mxcloud and our engineers are currently working with our music service partner to resolve the issue. I would advise to keep an eye out on the website to be updated and be informed once the issue has been resolved so you can start playing your music through Mixcloud.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Thanks for the reply. Last I checked it showed that it was operational, that's why I posted this question. I'll keep an eye out!

I suspect it does change periodically, and can’t imagine it’s ability to change status is as quick as your ability to ‘hear’ issues. At least there is confirmation that there you were correct, and there is a problem. Hopefully, the engineers at Mixcloud can fix it quickly. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @kastlan.

Just an update, Mixcloud issue has been finally fixed. You may check our music service website to confirm.

Please let us know or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Exact same problem today.  

It works with Airplay but not within Sonos app. 

I am kind of guessing it is due to mixcloud new business model that requires you now to pay $4 a month. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

HI @Bruno92.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you are unable to play your music through the Sonos app but is able to top play it through the Airplay 2 feature on Apple products. Let me help out.

I would like to ask some questions to better understand what is going on.

• Do other music services on the Sonos App work like Sonos Radio, TuneIn, Spotify, etc?
  • IS there any error message on the Sonos App when we try to play from Mixcloud music service through the Sonos App?
  • Do we have the same error when playing other music services through the Sonos App?
  • can we try to remove and re-add the music service
  • Do we still get the same error?
  • Can we try playing the same music service using a different controller available?
  • Can we submit a diagnostic after 2-3 minutes of an error appearing on the Sonos App?

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

@kastlan @Bruno92 

There are multiple threads on this issue. The most incisive might be here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/mixcloud-connection-lost-6849606

Good luck - you’ll need it.

BTW, it’s not Mixcloud’s paid service issue. It’s some sort of file issue between Sonos and Mixcloud and no one is addressing it. 

Thanks @kevin_f  for sharing that. I noticed it is an increasing problem that occurs roughly 50% of the time. On some days it is just hopeless to try to play Mixcloud, on other days it works just fine. As you point out, I highly doubt it is a connection issue as Spotify plays fine 100% of the time. As does other services, such as Audible.

@Bruno92 I hope you relay this to your product managers and this becomes a high priority.

Userlevel 1

@Paul A 

Any response from Sonos on the multiple instantiations of this thread?

You guys obviously know what the issue is at this point. It would be nice to know your response.

Kevin

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @kevin_f.

Thanks for your immediate response. referring you back to our music status webpage for more information. I would recommend if you encounter any issues with a music service, try playing music using other music services available and checking out our status webpage for any reported outages. Currently, we still have an outage with Radio.net and Mixcloud. Please do not hesitate to visit the status webpage for an up-to-date status of all music services available on Sonos and their current running status.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,