Unable to play BBC stations through TuneIn within Sonos

• 8 December 2014
  • 18 replies

But can do it fine when using the plain TuneIn app - seems to have been a regular issue for many people but can't see a latest update on this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
I think its something to do with the latest android update ? I've recently updated to lollipop and have had all sorts of issues including this one
Actually I've managed to find a work around by adding the stations manually - outside of TuneIn
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Gerald,

Glad to hear you found a workaround. Let us know if you have any more issues.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
I can't get mine to work , and why should we try to find a work around ? I simply can't plat any BBC stations or shows ( apart from live ones ) why not ? Its been nearly 2 weeks now !
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Richard,
What programs are you trying to play? Could you send us a diagnostic confirmation number?
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
I'm trying to play Craig Charles funk soul show ( radio 6 music ) and Jamie cullum jazz show ( radio 2 ) How do I send diagnostic number ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Richard,
I've tested those stations and they are working here. To submit a diagnostic report, please follow this guide: Submit diagnostics.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Have you tried playing pre recorded content firm those 2 shows ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Richard,
It looks like there is only 1 recent show each for those programs hosted right now.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Yes I know , but I'm still unable to even play the most recent ones . Really not good enough in my opinion as this fault has been known by you for over 2 weeks now !
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hi Richard,
It looks like there is only 1 recent show each for those programs hosted right now.

I've submitted my diagnostics , the number is 4201365
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Richard,
So that we may sort this our for you, I've created a ticket with our technical support team: 141210-001566. Please give us a call and reference your ticket number, we'll help get those programs playing. You can find our contact information here.
I have the same problem, exactly as described please help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have the same problem, exactly as described please help.
Hi Paul,

Which BBC stations are you trying to play through Sonos? If the stations were stored in your favorites list, you may need to browse for them again through the radio menu, then add then again to your favorites. This can happen when the server locations for those particular stations change.
Hello I am unable to play BBC Radio 1 and in particular search specific shows and play episodes which are available on the regular tunein app. The following hyperlink is a show I would like to be able to have function in my sonos setup - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqdc
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hello I am unable to play BBC Radio 1 and in particular search specific shows and play episodes which are available on the regular tunein app. The following hyperlink is a show I would like to be able to have function in my sonos setup - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqdc Thanks for your feedback, afraid that recorded shows are not currently available for playback on Sonos. We will make sure to pass this on.
Badge
Tried to get BBC on my Sonos this morning on both my iPad and iPhone get the message “unable to play etc screen shot attached. My wife hates Sonos for this reason and I have to agree with her it’s fine for listening the TV but rubbish if you like the BBC which we do due to no adverts very very disappointed Sonus customer here. I also agree with others why should we have to use “workarounds “? Good question which I note was not answered.
Because Sonos is unwilling to throw the BBC under the bus? The issue is due to the fact that the BBC is unwilling to work with outside partners. So companies like TuneIn and Sonos don't get any help in making sure that they get a good stream to present to you. The BBC wants to concentrate their efforts on their own app.

Note that if you have an iOS device, the upcoming integration by Sonos of AirPlay 2 will probably alleviate a lot of these issues, assuming that the BBC allows their app to participate.