Answered

Unable to get to sonos services now with vodafone broadband

• 11 July 2019
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply
Today I switched from BT to Vodafone broadband and I can no longer stream radio or spotify 😞 Set up is as follows:

Vodafone router HHG 2500, connected to Ubiquiti 8 port switch and wifi via a Ubiquiti UBI-UAP-AC-PRO 24, a NAS drive containing the music library and iTunes, and a variety of Sonos speakers and connect amps etc.. The wifi (SSID) has not changed so once the new vodafone connect router was up (WIFI turned off on the Vodafone router), Sonos will pick up my music library of my NAS drive, no problem. However as soon as I select the Radio/Spotify services which do appear on my iPhone in the Sonos app, they will not load the stations, almost as though there is no route to the internet to connect.

I've read various problems with VodafoneConnect routers on here, from some time ago, are they related? Is this a known problem which will not be fixed? I need to know fairly quickly because if so I will pull out of my vodafone contract. Things were fine yesterday with BTs router.

Please can someone advise?

Thanks,
Geoff
icon

Best answer by ratty 11 July 2019, 18:37

Did you power all your Sonos devices off and on again? It's essential after a router replacement, in order to refresh all IP address info.
View original

2 replies

Did you power all your Sonos devices off and on again? It's essential after a router replacement, in order to refresh all IP address info.
Excellent - thank you