Answered

Unable to find Sonos following router change

• 16 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi there, I’ve just changed routers and cannot find my S1. I have been through the questions on the app (did you change router etc) but it just says “cannot find Sonos system on this account”. I have tried Sonos online chat to reboot the speaker and the router still with no success. is there anything else that I could try or do I need to do a factory reset?
Many thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 March 2021, 17:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I would not recommend a factory reset at all.

I would recommend two things. First, try unplugging your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices. They may show up at that point.

If not, the second thing would be to wire just one of the Sonos devices to your new router with an ethernet cable, wait a couple of minutes, then see if everything shows up properly.

You should, whenever you get a new router, always reboot every network device. 

Connecting to the router with an ethernet cable has worked Bruce. Thanks a million!

That suggests (but doesn’t guaranty!) that the channel being used by the router is not being “seen” by the Sonos. Might be worth double checking that the router is using a 2.4Ghz b/g/n channel. Or, it could have been a simple “the speaker doesn’t know the new SSID, and needs to be connected to get it” kind of thing.