Answered

"Unable to Connect"........(Using SONOS controller on Mac)

• 8 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Running SONOS on MacBook.  Playing Spotify via Connect:AMP, quite frequently when trying to do routine things such as pause, next track etc…

Unable to Connect”- then a minute or two later, works again, and then stops working - this pattern repeats. All the time.  The issue is intermittent but should not happen.

Have tried all the troubleshooting which seems to be the go-to for SONOS, but nothing they have posted thus far fixes this issue.

Has got a lot worse since SONOS pretty much abandoned their legacy Customers.  Before this S1 / S2 debacle, never had a SINGLE issue for years, now it’s a bit of a lottery as to whether the system will work as it should.

icon

Best answer by ClausN 9 April 2021, 15:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge

I’m not sure what that means @ClausN - but really appreciate the steer, and will give anything a bash -  it’s more helpful than I have had from SONOS’ technical gurus.  Cheers. 

Can you try to deactivate 5 GHz wifi in your router and run only 2,4 GHz and see if that helps? I think some users with similar problems have done that with success, as their router had issues bridging the bands. An update in the router might have caused that.

Badge +17

@Capt_Skunkbeard, this is what our support team is there to help with. I really don’t know what else to say if the route with our customer care team isn’t something you’re willing to follow. I understand that being told there’s something wrong with your network isn’t exactly the answer you’re looking for, but our techs can help you isolate and troubleshoot whatever your issue is. I’m really not sure what kind of solution you’re looking for but replacing products when the fault lies elsewhere is almost certainly a fruitless endeavour. The symptoms you’ve described almost certainly match that of a communication problem over your network and not something physically wrong with your players, nor a software feature designed to sabotage your system because you’re on S1. Our support team is there ready to help, should you need to reach out.

@slipcue, I’m going to give you the same advice, please get in touch with our customer care team with your diagnostic number, and they will assist in your troubleshooting.

Userlevel 1

I’m having a variation on that - suddenly having trouble (as of last night) connecting to Sonos with my MacBook Pro desktop app, but no issues with the mobile app (also a legacy customer, using the S1 app). Rebooting the computer allowed me to connect briefly, but now I can’t again.  What’s weird is that “connect to existing system” under more options, shows I’m connected to my Sonos - but the main screen continues to show “Sorry, we can’t connect to Sonos”. 

A long-time customer/user - and, yes, I’ve tried all of the conventional tricks already (and have sent in a diagnostic)

Badge

Hi @Capt_Skunkbeard, welcome to the community.

It definitely sounds like you’re experiencing some sort of network issues. I highly recommend getting in touch with our customer care team if you’ve exhausted the troubleshooting on our FAQs. They’re able to work with you live to dive deeper into what is causing your connection problems and work to find a solution. I’m positive that this isn’t an issue with Sonos “abandoning our customers” and is likely an issue within your local network that our teams can help identify and fix.

Sorry James. Too easy.

Everything worked 100% before the changes were made - and I mean 100%; years of faultless operation.

As I write this, it took 6 attempts to change from one album to another - same message each time, only then did it eventually work.

Sonos teams have tried, and failed, to identify the issue, always reverting to a “faults at your side” position.

When they work, great. But sadly, my previously bulletproof system (of which there are 3 Connect:Amps, 2 of which sort of work, the other has died) is, at best, unreliable. At worst, expensive furntiure. Really disappointed with SONOS.

Badge +17

Hi @Capt_Skunkbeard, welcome to the community.

It definitely sounds like you’re experiencing some sort of network issues. I highly recommend getting in touch with our customer care team if you’ve exhausted the troubleshooting on our FAQs. They’re able to work with you live to dive deeper into what is causing your connection problems and work to find a solution. I’m positive that this isn’t an issue with Sonos “abandoning our customers” and is likely an issue within your local network that our teams can help identify and fix.