Answered

Unable to connect to Sonos app

• 14 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi. Every time ‘without fail’ I go onto the sonos app I get on ‘unable to connect to sonos app’ message. Sometimes if I wait about 10mins it connects but then has dropped out half of my system. Then sometimes it will not connect to anything. Then sometimes it takes about 30seconds then I’m in. This has only recently started happening and used to work absolutely fine, even with the S2 app. There is nothing wrong with the lower connection to the sonos products, nothing wrong with the internet connection and even if I toggle off/on my phones wifi it doesn’t tend to work. Anybody else getting this issue. It’s so frustrating and am running out of ideas. I’ve even changed the wifi router channel to be on the suggested 1 or 6 (2ghz). Still nothing. 

Thanks 

Ross

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 14 January 2021, 19:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Try plugging all your Sonos devices from power, then while they are unplugged, reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug your Sonos devices back in.

If that doesn’t work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis. 

If the advice from Airgetlam does not resolve the issue, and if your controller is IPhone/IPad try this:

Switch off wifi assist https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205296

Also, switching off private address may help https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT211227

Thanks both. Unfortunately ClausN your suggestion didn’t work however Airgetlam yours did. Thank you very much.

Just need to get the Alexia through the play one to play any form of music now. It’s connected to the net but goes to play the radio (or whatever you ask it to play) and then silence. I’ve linked everything through the alexia and sonos app to my music services but nothing. Any ideas? 

Thanks 

Ross