Answered

Unable to connect to Sonos

• 26 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Had Sonos system for some years and it has worked satisfactorily but just recently a problem has developed whereby I can’t connect and get the message “unable to connect to Sonos “.

Nothing has altered on our system which is controlled by two separate iPhones and an iPad all using Sonos 2 app.

I have followed the instructions to fix problem and although it identifies my speakers it says cannot connect. For no specific reason it then starts working perhaps for a day then either the iPhones work and the iPad doesn't or only one iPhone works.

Tied contacting  sonos by phone but huge wait times.

Mentioned my problem to daughter today , who lives 5 miles away , and she is experiencing exactly same problem.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 April 2021, 22:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

What router are you using?

Thanks for link.

BT Smart Hub 

I have a similar problem with my Sonos. I have gone through the re-setup process several times until I gave up. Recently I realized by chance that if I leave the app on it will connect after some time, usually more than 5-10 mins. I have submitted my diagnostic report #417827416 kindly help to troubleshoot.

My connection difficulties were due to a known problem with a BT Smart Hub ( wireless router ) recent firmware upgrade .

I resolved Sonos problem and connection problem to my HP printer by switching off the 5G wireless facility in the wireless router . 
On doing this both devices resumed working as normal.

I lodged a complaint with BT and are waiting for them to advise when the problem is resolved so that I can select the 5G Wi-fi again.