unable to connect to sonos

• 26 December 2020
  • 2 replies

My Sonos is connected and playing music. I went to my Iphone and went to skip the current song and get the message unable to connect to Sonos. Keeps happening. 1 SONOS  is on my network and is connected 2. It continues to play music 3. WIFI is active and other things are connected and working normally 4. Switch to my tablet and works fine. Then same thing happens there. 5. Suddenly starts working again. Anyone else have this problem. Infuriating- SONOS may be destined for the scrap heap.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Try moving your Sonos speaker to another location, preferably closer to your router, and see if the problem persists.

Fault is with the App as the router shows Sonos is connected- I have 5 speakers in the house. There is no problem with WIFI reach and the house has no ‘dead zones’ - which I assume was the point of your suggestion. If I keep trying the app on my phone - going through the various fault finding wizards- it just starts working again. Then the next time I go in it won’t work again - the music I started will still be playing though! It is infuriating