Question

Unable to connect to SiriusXM - AGAIN.

• 9 December 2019
  • 25 replies

Anyone else having this issue? I’ve deleted and re-added it. Nothing. Stopped working for no reason. Sonos’s advice? Unplug all nine speakers all over the house, power down and reboot the computer, router, modem, etc. Sounds like “We don’t know, just hit the OFF/ON switch.”

This happens regularly with SiriusXM and *only* with XM. Every other service is fine. Sonos, how about an answer on this regular problem?

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

https://status.sonos.com/

Sirius XM is having connection issues, and it’s not just with Sonos.

Sure wish Sonos had just told me that instead of giving me the “Turn everything off and on and get back to us” run-around. Thank you.

Userlevel 7

Sure wish Sonos had just told me that instead of giving me the “Turn everything off and on and get back to us” run-around. Thank you.

They may not have known at the time of your inquiry. 

I understand that, but when a user reports that everything works except Sirius, maybe check on that before suggesting the customer spend an hour or so pulling plugs out all over the house.

Same here. Can't get any of the SiriusXM channels to be played over my Sonos system- via the Sonos app- this morning.

I am able to play SiriusXM channels via the SiriusXM app and can AirPlay to my One SLs so this appears to be an issue with the Sonos app and SiriusXM integration.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I understand that, but when a user reports that everything works except Sirius, maybe check on that before suggesting the customer spend an hour or so pulling plugs out all over the house.

An hour?  Assuming you aren’t exaggerating, I’d agree that is too long to be troubleshooting as a one  off issue without looking to see if it’s system wide.

Badge

Same problem here.  As noted above, using the SiriusXM app I can play on my iPhone but not via Sonos.  It worked briefly earlier this morning but not at all now.

On https://status.sonos.com/ there are 134 music sources that Sonos can play.  SiriusXM is the only one not working.

I have nine units in five rooms on three floors. So, figure unplugging all of them, powering down the router, modem, rebooting the computer, plugging them all back in. Yeah, you’re looking at the better part of an hour.

Same here. Sonos works with all sources except siriusxm. Deleted siriusxm account and re-entered it. Siriusxm works on all other access points. It is the Sonos/SiriusXM interface. 

Same issue.  Siriusxm drops out on Sonos repeatedly today.   Had not experienced this issue before today.   All other streaming music is working on Sonos.   SiriusXM app is working as well but strangely could not Airplay SiriusXM to Sonos - the connection went live but no sound came through on Sonos.

https://status.sonos.com

GRRR.  The Sonos status for XM is updates as working but the same issue continues today.  Anyone else having success connecting?

it worked yesterday, and today it’s back to not working

it worked yesterday, and today it’s back to not working

Same here. What a cluster...

Same here! Sometimes it works. Sometimes not!! Done all the troubleshooting. Still works when IT wants. About fed up with Sonos! 

Bought this system last year because my wife wanted to pipe Christmas music throughout the house. With SiriusXM, I can even stream that music all year if I wanted. Now that it’s the season and I do want it, Sonos has f-ed that up!!! Thanks a bunch!!🤬

Badge

Working for me at the moment.  9am CDT.  Fingers crossed it hangs in there.

Mine is back up at the moment.  I work from home and not having sports talk radio in the background makes for a very long day….

Mine is also back up - for now

Same thing happens to me A LOT. Sonos “loses” the connection   to Sirius--and only Sirius. Several times a week. 

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing another drop out, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

Anyone still having this problem?  My Sonos randomly stopped playing SiriusXM over a month ago and it still has not been corrected.  Tried reinstalling the Windows app and that does nothing.  I happened to get a new computer, installed the app and that does does not work either.  SiriusXM plays through their website on my pc with no problem.

I’m fed up with it and the Sonos speakers inability to simply and easily play music from my FULL Tunes library.  Time to move on to a wifi speaker that will play anything from my pc.

Yes … tried uninstalling SXM then reinstalling.   Getting same connection error repeatedly.   Tried rebooting Sonos to no avail.   One connects via airplay from the SXM app.   Very frustrating and I’m a full believer in Sonos products.  They can do better to inform users how to resolve this and/or work with SXM to get a fix in place.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Have you submitted the suggested diagnostic and contacted Sonos to examine it?

This is a user to user forum with a bit of Sonos staff presence so you might want to use one of the 24x7 options on the contact page.

I was about to submit a diagnostic first thing this morning and SXM connected without any issues.   Perhaps the syncing issue resolved itself through the steps I took but just took time.  As suggested by Stanley_4, I’ll submit a diagnostic if and when it happens again.   All good but certainly a frustrating issue when it occasionally materializes.