Answered

Unable to connect to device.

Hi everyone. I am facing a problem lately with my sonos system although I didn’t have such an issue before.

I have sonos five, move and roam. The last few weeks I encounter the below.

1. When offline, Move and Roam do not appear as ‘offline’ in the app as it was the case in the past.
  2. Most importantly, for both Move and Roam (less frequent Five) I get a message ‘unable to connect to device. try again later’ when i am trying to start the speakers playing. A similar message i get when i am trying to connect/group the speakers to the Five when the latter is functioning.
  3. In some cases when the problems of point 2 above apply, in the app it is seen that the speakers ‘are playing’ (the bars on the right of the speaker window under ‘system’ are moving, however the speaker does not play actually).

I tried with rebooting my router and re-install the sonos app. However the problems remain.

Could you please help, or advise?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 May 2022, 11:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @bone_tz 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ll start with point 3 because we are aware of this issue and are already working on a resolution - this will be fixed with a future update. In the meantime, please adjust the volume slider slightly when this happens and the audio will start.

The first 2 points seem related, and are most likely due to networking issues. Do you own a WiFi booster or extender? If so, please turn it off and compare the behaviour in the Sonos app.

I hope this helps.

Hi Corry and thanks for getting back.

I tried with adjusting the volume, but it did not work!

I don not have a wifi booster/extender. I tried though to reboot my rooter and the problem remains. Just to note that i did not change anything in the setting of the sonos system neiter in the arrangments of the appartment where my speaker are. These issue appeared suddendly the last past weeks.

thanks a lot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @bone_tz 

I tried with adjusting the volume, but it did not work!

In that case, please try the hardware volume controls on the player, or pause and un-pause.

I don not have a wifi booster/extender. I tried though to reboot my rooter and the problem remains. Just to note that i did not change anything in the setting of the sonos system neiter in the arrangments of the appartment where my speaker are. These issue appeared suddendly the last past weeks.

You may be getting affected by a neighbour’s change in WiFi configuration - perhaps they’ve installed a new router and it’s using the same WiFi channel as your system. There could be other sources of interference too. Please check our Reducing wireless interference help page for tips. If that doesn’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @bone_tz 

With the release of update 14.10, we now consider the issue you raised as point 3 resolved. Should you continue to have related problems, please ensure your Sonos system is up to date, then get in touch with our technical support team if problems continue.

Thank you.