Unable to connect to Deezer

Hi. After responding to the prompt to update my Sonos system, all went well until I tried to restart a Deezer playlist. Every device using Sonos was then unable to connect to Deezer. Any advice?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

Is your internet connection OK.  Can you play radio?

If so, you could try removing Deezer from your Sonos services and re-adding. Make sure you are totally confident about your user name and password for Deezer!

Please post back.  If that doesn't work there are other things worth trying.
Have the same problem. Tried to remove deezer, but now I can't re-add it again...
Have the same problem. Tried to remove deezer, but now I can't re-add it again...
What is happening when you try?
I think Deezer is down.  You should have no trouble reading when it comes back, but sorry for unnecessary hassle.
Radio is fine.  Just Deezer (and Spotify, for which I don't have a premium account anyway) 
Is your internet connection OK.  Can you play radio?

If so, you could try removing Deezer from your Sonos services and re-adding. Make sure you are totally confident about your user name and password for Deezer!

Please post back.  If that doesn't work there are other things worth trying.

Radio is fine.  Just Deezer (and Spotify, for which I don't have a premium account anyway) 
Leave everything well alone - looks like it's the Deezer service not working!
It appears that Deezer service itself may be out.  Wait and see is the best approach
If you go on Deezer, it is working fine - it's just Sonos which can't connect to it.
I have just upgraded to 5.4 and, since then, no Deezer. Is this a coincidence?
Curiouser and curiouser.  I have had an email from Sonos, who say "The Sonos Development Team is researching the issue you have encountered and is actively working with our Music Partner to resolve the outage as quickly as possible.

You will receive a follow-up e-mail once we have verified that full functionality has been restored. "

We shall see.  Thanks for your help so far.
Yes.  I upgraded days ago and have just lost Deezer.  Looks like a general outage, I have reported it.  You are correct that it seems to affect only Deezer through Sonos.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
We had an outage as you're aware, it was resolved on Monday so thank you for being patient. If you're still having trouble with Deezer on Sonos please remove the service and then try re-adding it. Let me know if still unable to connect, thanks.
I have just updated to 5.4 and now I cant access Deezer, I can browse the tracks, but it will not let me play any of them.
I can listen to the radio, so the connection is fine.
I can connect to Deezer from my phone and play it directly, so there is no issue with the account.
I have removed and added the Deezer Service, still the same issue.
There are a few problems being reported right now on Deezer through Sonos.  Mine is fine but it may be affecting only certain geographical areas.  I think it unlikely that the update has anything to do with it.  Sit tight for a while and see if an outage is reported. 
I had the same problem last week. I was told that it was a problem with Deezer. However, Deezer worked fine if not going through Sonos. It has worked again since but has gone down again today. It certainly seems like a Sonos 5.4 problem to me. Anyone else got any solutions to this problem?
Same issue here.....Deezer was working fine 30 mins ago....updated to 5.4, now can browse tracks, but "Access Denied" whenever i try to play anything
I cannot say that it is not a 5.4 issue but it seems unlikely.  There is every chance that around the time of a Deezer crash a few users will be updating. 
I'm not impressed with the advice to 'uninstall' and then 'reinstall' Deezer. I didn't invest a lot of money in Sonos to have to start doing these sort of things.
I'm not impressed with the advice to 'uninstall' and then 'reinstall' Deezer. I didn't invest a lot of money in Sonos to have to start doing these sort of things.

My advice at the moment would be to do nothing until you are sure it's not a Deezer problem.

There is a service alert for Deezer on the Sonos Support website.  It's nothing to do with anybody's system, it's nothing to do with the update.  Deezer via Sonos is experiencing problems.  There is nothing to be done but wait until it gets fixed,
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi all, thank you very much for reporting this issue. Deezer may be experiencing temporary performance interruptions at this time. We're investigating the issue and a service alert has been put up on our support page (top-right corner, just under the flag). It will be updated once the service is back to normal and we'll update this thread with a resolution post as well. Thank you for understanding.
Mine has started working again in the last 5 minutes. Is everyone else 'live' again? How do we get the 'official' Sonos explanation for the reasons for the outage?
Mine is back up again
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Deezer should be back to normal now guys. Thank you for keeping us informed here and many thanks for your patience.