Answered

Unable to connect Pixel 3a to Sonos

• 21 September 2021
  • 5 replies

I bought the Arc soundbar + Sub Gen 3 last week. For the first couple of days, the system connected to my Pixel 3a. For the past several days, however, I have entirely lost my ability to connect to the system.

I have tried restarting the soundbar and my phone. Nothing has worked.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 22 September 2021, 04:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the Arc from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router.

Try unplugging the Arc from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router.

Thanks for the response. I tried what you mentioned but it didn’t work.

Here’s the message I get when trying to cast from Pandora (which worked flawlessly for the first couple days of ownership):

Connection Failed

Unable to connect to your Sonos speaker. Please open your Sonos app, confirm your system is available, and try again.

Unfortunately I have the same issues when trying to connect via the Sonos app. Again, the peculiar thing is that it worked flawlessly for the first few days of owning the system.

Userlevel 7

What model router are you using? Are you able to wire the Arc directly to the router with an ethernet cable?

What model router are you using? Are you able to wire the Arc directly to the router with an ethernet cable?

I’m using the Asus onhub (https://smile.amazon.com/Google-WiFi-Router-AC1900-Control/dp/B017C0HZEO/). I could probably snake an ethernet cable to the Sonos. Is that a known method to increase its reliability?

Somehow the Sonos app connected to my Arc this evening. I was happy about that. However, Pandora’s “cast” feature still does not. It’d be great if I could figure that out.

Userlevel 7

You might try disabling the QoS feature and disabling Airtime Fairness for both 2.4 and 5GHz bands in your router’s settings.