Answered

Unable to Connect One SL System to Desktop after Wi-fi Network Changes

• 5 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi, my Wi-Fi at work crashed and was not working correctly, we had to do a bunch of resets to the system, once I got it resolved, the Sonos system was unable to connect to the speakers or spotify, I determined that reconnecting the speakers would solve the issue after trying one so I set them all up on a new system via my phone. After that all the speakers were working and are able to play music but I can no longer find them on any of our register or office computers. Most of the desktops are using an ethernet connection, however our office computer has a Wi-Fi connection and was also not able to find anything with the sonos app. We do have a backup Verizon network that may have kicked in at several points, however I think its supposed to be the same network since we don't have to do anything on the computer to switch to it. Does anyone know any solutions for this issue, or would a Boost make it work again? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 5 September 2021, 15:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

If you did factory reset the system then the products will now be running on a different Sonos household ID, so your controllers may only find the system if/when you wire a device to the LAN - however whilst you have one device wired and can see all the products in the Sonos App you can add them back to the new WiFi setup.

Just goto "Settings/System/Network/Manage Networks" and remove the old WiFI network settings and then select “Update Networks” and follow the onscreen instructions to install the WiFi credentials and all being well with your network, the wired Sonos device can be uncabled from the LAN and all should (hopefully) then run on the WiFi signal.