Question

Unable to connect in Sonos app

• 28 February 2021
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi

I feel like there is an issue with the app,  I have Ones with Alexa, and if I go away for a day or so, and I come back and try to use the Sonos app it says it’s unable to find my devices on the network.  However they are on the network, there are no issues with my network, if I give the speakers an Alexa command they respond as expected even though the Sonos app doesn’t find them.  The only way to get them to function with the app again is to unplug them and plug them back in again then everything functions until they sit for awhile, which is getting to be a pain.  

Thanks  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Happy to try to assist here.

Perhaps see if this helps to improve things for you…

1. Set the main routers 2.4Ghz WiFi channel to ‘fixed’ channel 1, 6 or 11 and set the channel-width to 20MHz
  2. Only if the above doesn’t help, then Wire just one Sonos device direct to your router. Then go into the Sonos App and do the following two things:
  • Goto “Settings/System/Network” and set the SonosNet channel so that it is at least 5 channels away from your chosen router channel in Step 1 above.
  • Whilst in the Network Settings in the Sonos App, goto ‘Wireless Setup’ and reset/remove your routers WiFi credentials, as these are not required when running your system with one Sonos device wired to the router.

See if that then improves your Sonos connectivity - if not, go back and try a different Router-WiFi/SonosNet channel, but if using SonosNet always keep the two at least 5 channels apart.