Answered

Unable to add songs to the queue

I'm getting the above message with all music services, however the radio by tunein works fine.
Diagnostic 6276725
Apple Music
Sound cloud
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 17 June 2016, 01:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

53 replies

Im getting the same, I called up and they told me it was an issue with plusnet but plusnet said it was nothing to do with them, Im guessing its an outage with sonos
I have two Play 1's in different rooms, one was working fine but the other was getting the above message, but when I grouped them together both worked. I rebooted both Play 1's and my router, now both are showing the message! Very annoying
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the details guys. Can you both try to recreate this a few times and then submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?

The one you posted already had the player just recently rebooted, so all the logs were cleared out.

We're investigating this right now and would love more details.
6276890, thanks
Mines 6276924
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
6276890, thanks

Thanks. Can you test out any services you're having trouble with by playing music using their apps or website on your phone or computer? Make sure you're on your home network and not the cellular data.

Also, what ISP are you guys using?

Let us know how it goes.
I've tried from my iphone6 and my iPad and getting the message with both. Both are on my wifi (my iPad doesn't have cellular). Latest diagnostic is 6276955
I can play both sound cloud and Apple Music through my phone speakers no problem
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Great. Were you testing out the services in Sonos using those controllers? We also want to see how Apple Music and SoundCloud are behaving if you use the native apps on your devices as opposed to through Sonos.

Also, are you on BT Internet?
My ISP is BT, the other guys was Plusnet
Native apps on the phone are working fine
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
My ISP is BT, the other guys was Plusnet

Thanks, saw that JB was on Plusnet, just wanted to check on BT with you.

We're on it, I'll let you know when we have more details and if we need anything for to investigate this. Thanks for being so responsive!
No probs, I need my Sonos!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Can you go ahead and test out these services again and let us know how it goes?
6277146 - stop playing from Apple Music
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Igor, can you please unplug the power to your PLAY:1 and plug it back in after 15 seconds. When it's back up and showing on your system, go ahead and try playing again. If you get this trouble again can you send in another diagnostic and reply back here for me?

Thanks
Badge +2
Same issue, Apple and Pandora worked this AM, not now. "the connection to Apple Music was lost." - reinstalled, removed service...etc, nothing. Internal music works, the Radio by Tuneln (comes with SONOS) works....submitted a diagnostics....waiting, internet is still up and fast, Apple Music and Pandora play from phones, computers...etc, only issue is via SONOS Diagnostic Number 6276674
Badge +2
Unplugged SONOS AMPs, Connects and Sounder, still same issue. AMPS all hardwired via CAT6
Badge +2
ISP - FIOS
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Unplugged SONOS AMPs, Connects and Sounder, still same issue. AMPS all hardwired via CAT6

Thanks, do you mind sending a new diagnostic now that everything's been rebooted?
Badge +2
Update - 6277200
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Update - 6277200

Thanks, it looks like only the CONNECT:AMPs have been rebooted. The other players are still showing they've been up for 12+ days. You'll need to power down all of your Sonos devices, and it'd be easiest to just unplug them all and leave them unplugged. Then force close the Sonos app on every controller. Finally, power back up one of those CONNECT:AMPs and see if it'll play.

If that works, can you send a diagnostic and then feel free to plug the rest of your players back in?

We appreciate the extra steps. We believe we found the issue and resolved it, but there seems to be a bad certificate sticking around in your players getting passed back and forth. The reboot should hopefully flush it out.
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Hi,

I am also getting this issue but on a random basis, normally on the second try it will add. I'm on bt infinity
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks Andy. Feel free to follow the steps suggested above to Aquatic: Quitting all of your Sonos controllers and then restarting all of your Sonos players.

If you're still having trouble can you submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?
Badge +2
Update - 6277238

IT WORKED, ALL IS WELL! Thanks Ryan, new to the forum (just signed up today), you rock. Never had this issue since it was all installed in Jan, but now I know.