Answered

Unable to add songs to queue error

Badge

This is a very large Sonos playlist of tracks on my NAS that I can’t seem to play any longer. It played fine for weeks before. Here are the steps I’ve tried:

• restarted router (twice)
  • unplugged all Sonos components and restarted from scratch
  • delete the NAS as a music source and re-added it
  • smaller playlists still play fine
icon

Best answer by ratty 9 May 2022, 16:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Are there any error messages?

I suggest that you refrain from Factory Reset without further consult.

Badge

The error message is “Unable to add songs to the queue.”. I’m not quite sure how to do a factory reset. Unless powering the system down and restarting it is considered a factory reset I’ve never done one.

How many tracks are in the playlist? 

How long after you instruct the player to load the playlist does it take for the error message to appear? Sonos typically allows 15 seconds for a single loading operation, but can sometimes continue to load in the background even after that.

Badge

It looks like it is taking about 20 seconds to get the error message. I think there are about 7500 to 8000 tracks in the playlist. I can’t say exactly since I don’t know of any way to tell that without it being added to a queue.

The thing to keep in mind is that I added this playlist to queues for a couple of months with no problems. It was only this last weekend when I started having all kinds of issues with my Sonos (stopping and starting, skipping parts of songs etc.) that I could no longer load the playlist. I’ve since then unplugged and restarted all my components so the system should be working properly.

I’m having exactly the same problem, loading tracks from Spotify.

Did you ever resolve this?

Same problem over and over. I have numerous speakers spread among large home, some needing ladder access and just “unplugging” every speaker and rebooting is a big hassle. SONOS SUCKS

Same problem over and over. I have numerous speakers spread among large home, some needing ladder access and just “unplugging” every speaker and rebooting is a big hassle. SONOS SUCKS

Why is it necessary to unplug the Sonos devices when the requested playlist just exceeds the timeout limit and doesn’t populate a room queue? Just select some smaller playlist to add to the queue instead. 

Oh and I think you meant to say ‘SONOS ROCKS’ - damn those device ‘auto-correct’ features eh🤔?