Unable to add shared folder

• 7 July 2014
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi all, hoping for some help please.

Recently purchased sonos 1 - I can play all my music from my ipad with no issues (using iTunes)

But when I try to manage my music library - i get an error - unable to add shared folder \\Jane\Music to your music library (1002).

I have tried to add with both the Symantec f/wall enabled and disabled - error is the same.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Welcome to the forums.

Where are the music files located, PC or Mac? And is it wired or wireless?

Posssibly you've been trying to set up the Sonos music library from your iPad without configuring the necessary network 'shares' on your computer. The simplest option is to install the Sonos Desktop Controller (obtainable here) and use that to set up your music library. This will automatically sort out a network share and default firewall settings.
I am trying to add a music folder to Sonos. I am getting the following error. There was a problem adding the new music in the shared folder "\\JP-Laptop\Music" to SOnos. Please see the following link for more information.

http://faq.sonos.com/serverstack

I need help please