Answered

Unable to add Music Folder

• 3 October 2017
  • 1 reply

I read the help articles regarding bad computer names, and so on for this topic. I changed the computer name, I have rebooted, but no matter what I try, it does not connect. I'm ready to send my diagnostics.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 17 October 2017, 22:55

Hey there, JetBurns:

Thanks for taking the initiative and getting started on troubleshooting. A couple other things you may want to look deeper into are the permissions of the shared music folder as well as the impact of any antivirus software. Brands like Kaspersky and Norton block Sonos as it looks like a computer trying to access the files (music) on your computer. With regards to the sharing permissions- Be sure that when you find the folder that holds all your music, the properties allow for sharing on the local network.

Did you happen to see if a reboot of the router changes anything? Since the router determines how the data is routed, after these changes (computer names, sharing permissions) are changed it's a good idea to reboot the router.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, JetBurns:

Thanks for taking the initiative and getting started on troubleshooting. A couple other things you may want to look deeper into are the permissions of the shared music folder as well as the impact of any antivirus software. Brands like Kaspersky and Norton block Sonos as it looks like a computer trying to access the files (music) on your computer. With regards to the sharing permissions- Be sure that when you find the folder that holds all your music, the properties allow for sharing on the local network.

Did you happen to see if a reboot of the router changes anything? Since the router determines how the data is routed, after these changes (computer names, sharing permissions) are changed it's a good idea to reboot the router.