Answered

UK Amazon Music Unlimited

• 4 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

I subscribe to Amazon Music unlimited in the UK. I have the Amazon Music service installed in Sonos. 

When I search for an Artist (The Travelling Wilburys) in the app within Sonos they are not found yet this Artist is available when I use the freestanding  Amazon Music app. How do I fix this. I have tried Sonos support and Amazon Music support with no luck. It used to work.

icon

Best answer by controlav 4 August 2021, 14:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Try with one L (American spelling I think). At least that is how it is spelt in Apple Music (USA). I don’t have an Amazon Unlimited account to test with.

There have been some occurrences of music services using the “wrong” database for some foreign users via SMAPI, I can’t remember if Amazon is one of the offenders.

Badge

OMG… It’s me… I never thought I had misspelled their name… :tired_face:  

Thanks for pointing it out - Doh!

It’s perhaps also a good example whereby Amazon/Sonos/Others may need to implement a ‘sounds-like’ and/or ‘wildcard’ feature (amongst other things) into the search facility within the Sonos App… the ‘Search Tab’ needs a bit of TLC from the developers/engineers, I think🤔.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It’s perhaps also a good example whereby Amazon/Sonos/Others may need to implement a ‘sounds-like’ and/or ‘wildcard’ feature (amongst other things) into the search facility within the Sonos App… the ‘Search Tab’ needs a bit of TLC from the developers/engineers, I think🤔.

Some music services do a better “fuzzy match“ than others. I found this when doing my Alexa integration with the SMAPI search feature.

It’s not the Sonos app which does the search. The string is simply shipped off for the service back end to interpret. Deezer is a lot less fussy -- or more fuzzy depending on one’s viewpoint.

Badge

Fuzzy sort sounds good - find the nearest match spell checker   - just wish the fuzzy was not in my brain…

How to make it all idiot proof, I guess - I believe I could make a good tester!