Question

Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LITE & Multi Room Sonos System

• 12 May 2017
  • 3 replies

I just picked up this Ubiquiti AC Lite and I'm curious as if the AP needs to be configured in any special way to work with my sonos system. I have a connect amp connected to my router, so I'm working off of sonosnet which I'm told is that way to go.

Is there a certain set up processs that I need to go through with my Ubiquiti AP? This is my first product from Ubiquiti and I'm just looking to gain some knowledge from others with similar set ups.

3 replies

You'd just need to ensure that multicast/broadcast traffic from the wireless segment of the AC Lite is correctly forwarded to the wired segment and not blocked. Some Ubiquiti kit evidently has an explicit setting. This type of traffic is used by the Sonos controller to discover the players.
You'd just need to ensure that multicast/broadcast traffic from the wireless segment of the AC Lite is correctly forwarded to the wired segment and not blocked. Some Ubiquiti kit evidently has an explicit setting. This type of traffic is used by the Sonos controller to discover the players.

Awesome, thank you. I'm guessing this is still the case if I end up getting multiple AC Lites? Doing some research, I've come acros IGMP snooping being an issue with Ubiquiti? I'm no network engineer, so should I worry about that?

Thank you.
If you run into any trouble, disable IGMP Snooping.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings