Answered

TV sound cuts out periodically with my Sonos Beam and my LG TV

• 31 October 2018
  • 2 replies

About 3-4 times per day (sometimes more, sometimes less), the TV sound cuts out completely on my Sonos Beam. To get the sound back, I have to restart the TV. Sometimes it happens completely out of the blue, other times it appears to be when I switch from the Netflix app on the TV to the HDMI1 input. It haven't yet heard it happening when listening to Spotify on the device, but that could be because it's primarily used for TV sound. It's very annoying to keep having to restart the TB.

I submitted a diagnostic on Oct 28: 2091940186

The model of the TV is: LG 55UF770V-ZB
The webOS version on the TV is 2.2.1-2142

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 31 October 2018, 20:21

Have you checked with LG as well? My initial diagnosis would be that your TV is failing to reinitialize the HDMI handshake process. Since at that point, the Beam isn't getting any data from the TV, it would be silent.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

"It's very annoying to keep having to restart the TV"
Have you checked with LG as well? My initial diagnosis would be that your TV is failing to reinitialize the HDMI handshake process. Since at that point, the Beam isn't getting any data from the TV, it would be silent.