TV Remote Issue Paired to ARC

• 16 November 2021
  • 3 replies

I just upgraded from the Beam to the ARC. I'm using the HDMI to optical bc the Sharp TV has no arc-HDMI feature. The TV remove would run the Beam volume just fine, but does not work with the ARC. Yes, I've paired it with the Arc and the TVs internal speakers are set to off as they were with the Beam.  The IR/indicator light on the ARC does light up when I press the volumn, but it doesn't change the volumn at all. 

Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

See this link: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3402?language=en_US

Yep went thru the TV setup, paired remote. It works for about 5 seconds, then it stops accepting or pairing. Ucan see the volumn on TV change but doesn't change the ARC volumn

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @Sammy C !

So that we can take a closer look, please try to pair the remote with the Arc once more. After you notice the Arc stop responding to volume changes, please submit a diagnostic from the Sonos App, then reply here with the confirmation number. If you can provide the TV model number and any information about the specific remote you’re using this would also help.