TV not turning off/turning back on again

• 3 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hey guys, I have the issue that after turning the tv off via remote control the screen goes black but the status light of the tv still indicates it’s on. After some time the screen is grey and ON. This started happening after connecting the Sonos Arc to the tv. I’ve tried a couple of settings in the App such as TV Autoplay on/off and carious combinations of remote control settings. No luck so far with this issue.

Can anyone help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

This sounds more like an issue with the TV and a CEC device being connected, rather than anything specific to the Sonos. 

You haven’t mentioned the make or model of the TV, but the first thing I would do is check with the manufacturer to see if there are any software / firmware updates available, and apply them. 

After that, I would reboot the TV itself by unplugging it from the power source for at least five minutes, and then plug it back in. 

i’m facing the same issue. 

I’ve Sony x900h LED TV and it is working fine. yesterday i bought Sonos ARC and connected it via ARC HDMI cable and now my TV is not turning off. it comes back on after 2-3 seconds again. if i take out the power cable from Sonos Arc then tv shutdown without any issue

any idea what is causing this issue?