Answered

TV audio occasionally cutting out, skipping and popping sounds

• 10 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi! I have an Arc and 2 Ikea speaks as surrounds.
The setup works brilliantly aside from this issue of the TV audio cutting out for a split second randomly (but frequently), or skipping or popping. It's almost like packet loss on a HDMI connection!
I’ve scoured through the various topics and this seems to rear its head quite a lot but the solution is a bit of a mystery so hoping for some individual help.

For context the Arc is connected to a 2017 Samsung TV via HDMI.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 12 September 2022, 10:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @olski 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I highly recommend that you unplug your TV from power for at least a minute.

If, after that, the issue still occurs, I recommend checking the HDMI connections. Please also ensure you are using the supplied HDMI cable.

I hope this helps.

When he says “after that” I’d assume he intends you to plug back in the TV set to power :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Airgetlam, I rarely say plug it back in again as I’ve always felt that saying to unplug for a specified amount of time heavily implies that you should plug back in again after the time has passed. :)

Userlevel 7

@Airgetlam @Corry P 

Here’s an idea…Rather than say “plug back in” how about “reconnect”. But wait…”reconnect” could be mis-construed with “reconnect” to other components, sources etc. This nomenclature thing is so confusing. LOL 😂 🤣🤪 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@AjTrek1, isn’t reconnecting something you do with your roots? 😁

Lol. Glad I was able to bring a modicum of levity here ;)