Answered

TV Audio not working with Beam and Digital TV decoder

• 16 July 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge
I recently connected my Beam to my LG smart TV via the HDMI/ARC connection. The sound worked perfectly with Netflix on my smart TV, but when I connected my Digital TV decoder via HDMI to my TV the sound stopped working via the Beam. It automatically goes back to TV internal speaker and when I change back to to HDMI/ARC sound setting there is still no sound from Beam, not for my digital TV or Netflix.

I have reconnected and rebooted all devices, but no luck.

I have read on other posts that this is a known problem, has this been solved? Any suggestions will be appreciated. I can’t imagine that I need to keep unplugging my digital TV decoder every time I want to use the Beam with my TV.
icon

Best answer by WillemE 17 July 2019, 22:55

Solved my own problem by connecting the digital decoder/box to a hdmi splitter and then to the TV. It seems that certain equipment interferes with the hdmi/arc sound priorities. The hdmi splitter effectively removes the CEC functionality and removes the interference. Can also use the Lindy HDMI CEC Less Adapter, available on Amazon for $21.

Beam sound is now working perfect via hdmi/arc connection with Netflix, Digital TV and Music. No unplugging of cables required.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge

Solved my own problem by connecting the digital decoder/box to a hdmi splitter and then to the TV. It seems that certain equipment interferes with the hdmi/arc sound priorities. The hdmi splitter effectively removes the CEC functionality and removes the interference. Can also use the Lindy HDMI CEC Less Adapter, available on Amazon for $21.

Beam sound is now working perfect via hdmi/arc connection with Netflix, Digital TV and Music. No unplugging of cables required.