Question

Turntable volume issues

• 25 October 2020
  • 5 replies

I am running my turntable (audio-technica AT-LP120 USB) through a Sonos Connect to join my network but there is hardly any volume on any of my speakers (it is minimal at full volume). I have a Playbar, Playbase and Move. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? I suspect it’s a setting as the sound is there, just very quiet. Thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I am running my turntable (audio-technica AT-LP120 USB) through a Sonos Connect to join my network but there is hardly any volume on any of my speakers (it is minimal at full volume). I have a Playbar, Playbase and Move. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? I suspect it’s a setting as the sound is there, just very quiet. Thanks 

Set the pre-amp selector switch on the rear to ‘LINE’… also in the Sonos App "Settings/System/[Connect Room]” change the source level to a higher (gain) value.

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick (although the volume is still not that loud), but at least I can hear it now.

Is the Line In level bumped up all the way to 10?

Yes, all the way to 10

In the case, don't worry about running the Connect at 100% volume, and controlling sound levels via the device downstream of it. That ought to give you adequate sound levels, better than just hearable as you say you are seeing.

Of course this will matter only to devices wired to the output jacks on the Connect.