TuneIn radio

• 21 December 2016
  • 11 replies

Hi - for last few days I've been unable to connect to tunein radio. On my play 3 it never connects, but my play 5 will connect sometimes and then I can group. I'm with virgin media which tech support say is the problem but I cannot use tunein on my phone through virgin?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi - for last few days I've been unable to connect to tunein radio. On my play 3 it never connects, but my play 5 will connect sometimes and then I can group. I'm with virgin media which tech support say is the problem but I cannot use tunein on my phone through virgin?

Hi Cmiddlemiss,

If you're still unable to play TuneIn radio on your Sonos system please send in a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number.
I have the same problem, since the last update some Radio Stations from TuneIn are not working. My number is 7125410.
Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have the same problem, since the last update some Radio Stations from TuneIn are not working. My number is 7125410.
Thanks.

Hi walltermuniz,

It looks like your controller is not connected to your Sonos system. In order to see data from your system we'll first want to get your controller reconnected. Please follow the steps in this guide then send in a new diagnostic report once you're reconnected.
I'm connected now and the number is 7125676. Tunein is not working with "Radio Mitre (Buenos Aires).
Thanks !
Hi I have a new number, 7125705; from the Tunein app works perfect; from the Sonos app says that didnt find the radio station.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm connected now and the number is 7125676. Tunein is not working with "Radio Mitre (Buenos Aires).
Thanks !

It looks like that station is only broadcasting in Flash on TuneIn.com. The Sonos system can't play Flash streams. The station's MP3 stream doesn't appear to be working on TuneIn.com so we'll reach out to them and let them know.
Ok, this happens since the last sonos update, until friday was working with no problems.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Ok, this happens since the last sonos update, until friday was working with no problems.

It's possible that there are geographic blocks in place. Are you able to play that station's MP3 stream? Here's a link to their MP3 stream.
No from the link you sent me, but in the TuneIn app (ios) works perfect.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
No from the link you sent me, but in the TuneIn app (ios) works perfect.

The TuneIn app is likely using the Flash stream which is working from their site. The Sonos system can't play Flash streams so we'll need to wait until the MP3 stream is back online.
Thanks for your answer !!!