Answered

Tunein losing BBC listen again every Friday?

• 13 April 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Most of the week I listen to BBC radio shows from earlier in the day (breakfast shows etc) through the TuneIn integration. Every Friday without fail, searching for shows from the morning comes back with "This show no longer exists".

The obvious answer is "because Tunein", but before I try to work around what TuneIn calls customer support, does anyone have any workarounds that have worked for them?
Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Keith N 16 April 2018, 23:51

Actually... :P

TuneIn acts as an aggregate of online streaming sources. Like a phonebook for streaming audio, if there is a problem with a particular station you may find it better to start with contacting the station rather than TuneIn directly. However, if the stream directly from BBC works well, it could be a problem with TuneIn.

Of course, this is under the assumption that all other music services are working fine. Let us know if you run into any problems, we are happy to help.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Actually... :P

TuneIn acts as an aggregate of online streaming sources. Like a phonebook for streaming audio, if there is a problem with a particular station you may find it better to start with contacting the station rather than TuneIn directly. However, if the stream directly from BBC works well, it could be a problem with TuneIn.

Of course, this is under the assumption that all other music services are working fine. Let us know if you run into any problems, we are happy to help.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Yeeeah, the thing is, I've had Sonos long enough to know that even when everything else works fine, TuneIn can be awful. As an aggregator, they have a habit of forgetting that they actually are a phonebook, or occasionally not noticing that they're missing pages 236 to 347...