Answered

Tuneblade and Sonos One

I  have Windows 11; Tuneblade 1.8.0.0 and an original Sonos One.

My goal is to use Tuneblade to stream to my stereo receiver and the Sonos One simultaneously. Tuneblade plays to my Denon stereo without a problem.

The Tuneblade app does not automatically find my Sonos One.

FWIW, I also tried Stream What You Hear 1.5 and it finds the Sonos One (but it will only stream to one device at a time).

I tried setting up the Sonos One in Tuneblade manually. I know the IP address but not the Port number and frankly don’t know which Airplay Receiver to choose:
Airport Express
Apple TV 1,2 3,4
Speakers/Hifi
ShairPoint.

TIA, Brian

icon

Best answer by Corry P 23 August 2022, 09:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @OregonRider 

I had never heard of Tuneblade until reading your post, but if it works just like AirPlay then I’d recommend a reboot of the speaker. If that doesn’t help, try a reboot of the router instead - switch it off for at least 30 seconds.

I assume the Speakers/HiFi option would be the one to go for.

I hope this helps.

Thanks. I rebooted my router & reset the Sonos. TBlade still does not find it. I sent a message to their support. Fingers crossed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @OregonRider 

I recommend testing AirPlay from an Apple device, if you have access to one?

Additionally, you can try visiting http://[IP of speaker]:1400/tools.htm and click on the button marked “mDNS Announce”.

I hope this helps.

I CAN stream from my iPhone. I get SUCCESS from that URL. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @OregonRider 

Then it would seem the speaker is operating as intended - hopefully Tuneblade support will be better able to assist. Fingers crossed!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I have the same problem. 

TuneBlade 'sees'  a Sonos Beam and other non-Sonos airplay receivers.   It fails to find Sonos play 1.

I'll be interested to hear if TuneBlade get back to you... 

It may be some airplay1 / airplay2 issue? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @castalla 

A Play:1 is not compatible with AirPlay, therefore would never show up in the AirPlay receiver list on an Apple device or in Tuneblade.

A Sonos One (and One SL), on the other hand, is compatible.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @castalla 

A Play:1 is not compatible with AirPlay, therefore would never show up in the AirPlay receiver list on an Apple device or in Tuneblade.

A Sonos One (and One SL), on the other hand, is compatible.

Thanks!   That explains that then! 

Let's hope the OP's issue gets a resolution. 

I used TB’s form to submit a question… no reply… Sent an e-mail to support… no reply yet. Their forum is not helpful (for this issue). I’ll try to find a phone number… next week. Going crabbing on the Oregon coast for a few days.

I give up. Latest email went to info@tuneblade…. No response. 

Well, it turns out PEBKAC. I don’t have a Sonos One, I have a Sonos Play:1 which is not AirPlay compatible. DOH!

I finally got a Sonos One SL. It works great with Tuneblade.

I stream from my PC to my Denon AVR and to two Sonos’ (my old Play:1 and the SL). No lag!! yippee