Trueplay Tuning: Borked Bass!

• 5 February 2017
  • 2 replies

Updated the software today and gave the Trueplay tuning a spin. After the true play tuning the bass on my pair of 1s made the speakers garble, sounded like the speakers were blown. Hope this didn't do any permanent damage... I've turned off the trueplay tuning and they seem to sound fine again.

Anyone else encounter this problem? Any idea what I did wrong when I tuned the speakers? Is there a possibility for damaging the speakers?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Never heard of Trueplay causing speaker damage; try to retune when the room is quiet and see what happens. If the problem persists, drop an email to Sonos Support with a diagnostic number. Until this is resolved, keep it turned off!
Gregan Dunn,

While this has never happened to me, there have been occasional reports of distorted bass. Follow Kumar's advice and run Trueplay again. You can also turn Trueplay OFF as a test.