Answered

Trueplay tuning and Spotify connect not working

• 4 May 2020
  • 6 replies

A few days ago, I needed to swap out my router because the old one crapped itself, after that happened, my Spotify or iTunes music app no longer shows any of my devices. I've tried turning off all the speakers and turning them off again, and I've also tried turning off and resetting my router.

My system is all connected to a bridge which is connected directly via ethernet. I've tried contacting Sonos support but they insisted it's an issue with Spotify and iTunes. I am able to play to the speakers via the Sonos app.

Trueplay tuning does not work on my phone, it always says no network available, even though I am definitely connected.

Is there a router setting that needs to be changed for this to work?

My system is the following:

Associated Product: 192.168.1.21

Bridge: BRIDGE Serial Number: 00-0E-58-EC-E3-5E:G Version: 11.1 (build 56076060) Hardware Version: 1.5.0.0-1 Series ID: X999 IP Address: 192.168.1.27

WM: 0

Play:5: Kitchen Serial Number: 00-0E-58-84-6E-E4:E Version: 11.1 (build 56076060) Hardware Version: 1.16.4.1-1 Series ID: P100 IP Address: 192.168.1.13 WM: 0

OTP: 1.1.1(1-16-4-zp5s-0.5)

Playbar: Living Room Serial Number: 00-0E-58-BB-31-85:F Version: 11.1 (build 56076060) Hardware Version: 1.9.1.10-1 Series ID: A100 IP Address: 192.168.1.19 Audio In: WM: 0

OTP:

Sub: Living Room Serial Number: 00-0E-58-9B-12-CA:4 Version: 11.1 (build 56076060) Hardware Version: 1.8.2.4-1 Series ID: A100 IP Address: 192.168.1.74 WM: 0

OTP:

Play:1: Living Room (LS) Serial Number: 00-0E-58-C8-35-A0:8 Version: 11.1 (build 56076060) Hardware Version: 1.8.3.7-1 Series ID: A101 IP Address: 192.168.1.186 WM: 0

OTP:

Play:1: Living Room (RS) Serial Number: 00-0E-58-CD-FB-86:F Version: 11.1 (build 56076060) Hardware Version: 1.8.3.7-1 Series ID: A101 IP Address: 192.168.1.18 WM: 0

OTP:

SYMFONISK Table lamp: Master Bedroom (L) Serial Number: 78-28-CA-83-03-24:F Version: 11.1 (build 56076060) Hardware Version: 1.20.2.3-1 Series ID: A100 IP Address: 192.168.1.21

WM: 0

SYMFONISK Table lamp: Master Bedroom (R) Serial Number: 78-28-CA-83-03-1A:5 Version: 11.1 (build 56076060)

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 May 2020, 19:30

First thing, drop the BRIDGE. It’s now so old that it is no longer uncommon for the power supply to start failing with fluctuating voltages that can cause difficult to trace network issues. Instead, wire one of your speakers for now. If you need to, you can replace the BRIDGE with a BOOST, but temporarily a speaker is fine. 

If either issue continue, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing one of these errors, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, and are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.  

View original

6 replies

First thing, drop the BRIDGE. It’s now so old that it is no longer uncommon for the power supply to start failing with fluctuating voltages that can cause difficult to trace network issues. Instead, wire one of your speakers for now. If you need to, you can replace the BRIDGE with a BOOST, but temporarily a speaker is fine. 

If either issue continue, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing one of these errors, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, and are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.  

@Airgetlam good call on removing the bridge. i’ve removed it now. 

I’ve been on the phone with Sonos support three times now, and each time they claim that it’s an issue with the Spotify app (I’m in contact with them too). I brought up the Trueplay tuning issue with support, and they seemed okay with my phone not being able to use it but my wife’s being okay. I feel like there is some correlation with the Trueplay network issue and the Spotify connect issue - but they don’t seem to think so.

Depends on what iPhone you have. To my knowledge, they haven’t release an update to enable the latest set of Apple devices, but there’s a list of supported devices here. Or maybe not a list, but more information. 

I have the new iPhone SE, based on the website it says it should work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Brand new iOS devices need to go through some certification and testing before they’re able to run Trueplay tuning. That iPhone is so new, the website hasn’t been updated to include that it exists. You’ll see it be added to the support coming soon section, and Trueplay availability will come later this year once the team has had a chance to certify the microphones and other hardware of the device. 

Userlevel 1

Brand new iOS devices need to go through some certification and testing before they’re able to run Trueplay tuning. That iPhone is so new, the website hasn’t been updated to include that it exists. You’ll see it be added to the support coming soon section, and Trueplay availability will come later this year once the team has had a chance to certify the microphones and other hardware of the device. 

I’ve been pulling my hair out over this since yesterday—just moved, and wanted to reset the true play tuning. Didn’t think the “network error” had anything to do with my new iPhone SE. Perhaps a more accurate error message would be helpful!