Answered

Trueplay & Stereo Pair

• 18 February 2016
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 2
I have two Play 1's that I have set up as a stereo pair. I then enable Trueplay on the pair and everything seems to be OK. However when I use the system the next day the Sonos App still shows that the stereo pair exists with Trueplay enabled, but no sound is coming out of the right speaker. I have to seperate the stereo pair, then re-create the stereo pair and then retune Trueplay.
Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by ratty 11 June 2018, 12:20

New member and new to sonos. Will be taking delivery today for a pair of play1.
Do i need to set them up in stero first and the do trueplay calibration or calibrate them forst and then pai them in stereo?

Stereo pair them first. Any previous Trueplay tuning would be cancelled when you pair them.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

You have wireless network issues. The right speaker gets its audio stream from the left one.

Submit a system diagnostic, note the number and post it here for Sonos Support to take a look.
I had to wire my left Play:5 to the network to get it to consistently work. The right one was already wired.
I had to wire my left Play:5 to the network to get it to consistently work. The right one was already wired.
The stream would have been traversing the wireless twice: once to reach the left unit, then back to the right unit. Under normal circumstances this shouldn't upset Sonos. Maybe your wireless was on the edge.
Not sure how, but it's certainly possible. I had a network cable right at the speaker, so it was no big deal to just plug it in and I didn't think any more about it until this thread. The wireless router is about 30 feet from the speakers in the next room. I'm fine with the stability of it being wired.
Userlevel 2
Strange thing is, when I don't Trueplay Tune the speakers everything works just find.
As I said, you have network issues. Get Sonos to review a system diagnostic.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Strange thing is, when I don't Trueplay Tune the speakers everything works just find.

ratty is correct. It is nothing to do with Trueplay
You need to get your network repaired... if for nothing else than to hear the trueplay tuning in a stereo pair. Its pretty wild.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I'm happy to take a look at a diagnostic here for you Glyn if you'd like to submit a diagnostic when you're having trouble. Just let us know the confirmation number.
Any solution to this? Having the same issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Any solution to this? Having the same issue.

Hi Calilocal20, we haven't identified any specific issue with Trueplay and stereo pairs. If you're having trouble it'd be great to work with us live. You can give us a call on our support line to have a technician look into your system.
Do i need to set them up in stero first and the do trueplay calibration or calibrate them forst and then pai them in stereo?

Stereo pair them first. Any previous Trueplay tuning would be cancelled when you pair them.
Thank you.