TruePlay on the Arc is broken

• 16 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

So for the past month I’ve been trying to get the arc sounding how I want it and it’s a nightmare. FYI I have an arc, gen 3 sub and 2 one SLS in this system. 

If I tune with an iPhone 8 or iPhone XS there are no low mids and it’s impossible to get it back with the EQ. It sounds so hollow and there’s no punch to the sound what so ever. 

if I tune with an iPad Air 2 or an iPad mini all the low mids come back but the highs are muted. I have to boost the highs to +7 to get a flatish response but then voices are a little too strong in the low mids which affects clarity a little. 

it is so so so broken. This needs to be fixed ASAP. 

I do not understand why Sonos refuses to give us a graphic eq to do this ourselves. 

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Bjmort. Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos Community.

My apologies for the inconvenience. Thank you for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you and figure out what's happening.

There are some scenarios where Trueplay tuning may result in an undesired change to the sound of your Sonos speaker. Please check this article Undesired sound after Trueplay tuning to see some of the reasons why this can happen, and some steps to adjust the sound of your speaker after tuning it with Trueplay.

After checking the possible scenarios mentioned you can retune your Sonos speakers with Trueplay.

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap System.
  3. Tap the room you want to retune.
  4. Tap Trueplay.
  5. Tap Retune.

If you’re still experiencing the same, please submit a diagnostic report, and reply with the confirmation number to review your system and see if there’s anything else causing the issue.

If after reading through the link above and you're still having issues, feel free to get in touch with us.

Same here. Arc is awful with trueplay. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @bryshaw. Thank you for letting us know about your concern as well. Trueplay measures how sound reflects off walls, furnishings, and other surfaces in a room, then fine-tunes your Sonos speaker to make sure it sounds great no matter where you've placed it.

Can you share a bit more info on the problem that you're experiencing? Did you notice any difference adjusted with the sound after performing the TruePlay?

A diagnostic would also be helpful in identifying what's going on. Here's the link on how to submit a diagnostic from your Sonos app. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.