Answered

Trueplay not working on new iPhone SE

Hello, 

Ive recently bought the new iPhone SE and wanted to use the true play feature on my paired play 5s but I instantly get a network problem even though I’m connected to the same WiFi network as the speakers. I thought I’d try it on my iPad instead and it works perfectly fine, speakers tuned! I’ve triple checked all my settings, phone is updated, app is updated, WiFi network is correct. Has anyone else experienced this issue with the new iPhone SE or maybe even the iPhone 8 (as it’s pretty much the same phone). Everything else works on my iPhone SE: playing music, creating stereo pairs etc etc.

icon

Best answer by ratty 23 May 2020, 14:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

22 replies

Trueplay is not yet calibrated for the new iPhone SE.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3222

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Does anybody know when the update is coming? I hoped it is working with Sonos S2, but it isn‘t.

That was one of the reasons I bought the phone 😒

I have the same question regarding when Trueplay is available for 2020 iPhone SE.

Please if any of the staff could share any “insider” knowledge :)

Thanks.

I have the same problem with the new iPhone SE and not being able to use Trueplay.  Sonos please help!!! 

Just updated to S2 and thought that is the problem but It’s my phone! 
I have the same issue on SE

Any news when this I phone SE will be able too work with true play.

I can confirm, I tried the SE switched to iPhone 8 and voila Trueplay! A minor inconvenience however hopefully it will be fixed with iPhone SE... 

Badge

Exactly same issue for me.

Got a new iPhone SE a couple of weeks ago.

Tried to retune Trueplay but keep getting the message below - very frustrating!

Yes!!!! Frustrating as it is I’m so glad I’m not the only one experiencing this. So has anyone heard when this feature will be available for the new S.E.? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @eck91,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your question. 

While I don’t have an exact date for Trueplay support, it is in the works and should be available soon.   

How will we know that the update is available??

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

@jklb14,

You can keep an eye out in our Announcements forum for updates to this feature.  

Is there any kind of time frame though? I have a new beam being installed tomorrow 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

@jklb14,

Not before tomorrow, unfortunately. 

I don’t have a time-frame for when this might be available. If you have an old phone or other compatible iOS device (or know someone who does) you should be able to complete the Trueplay tuning process from that controller.    

Thank you!

Perhaps you could explain WHY it does not work on the iphone se.

Any information on this topic ? This si inacceptable, even the FAQ does not talk about this issue with the iphone se 2020

Is there any progress? The iPhone as 2020 has been listed as coming soon for quite some time now. 

i appreciate Sonos has cut down on staff due to Covid, but making the se compatible, is a matter of minutes it takes to write the simple code 

Just in case someone is looking at this post...looks like the iPhone SE (2020/Gen2) is now supported. A few days ago the “Coming soon” list included iPhone SE. Just saw that the list was updated (not yet supported):

Coming soon

• iPad (8th generation)
  • iPad Air (4th generation)
  • iPhone 12
  • iPhone 12 mini
  • iPhone 12 Pro
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3222?language=en_US

Just in case someone is looking at this post...looks like the iPhone SE (2020/Gen2) is now supported. A few days ago the “Coming soon” list included iPhone SE. Just saw that the list was updated (not yet supported):

Coming soon

• iPad (8th generation)
  • iPad Air (4th generation)
  • iPhone 12
  • iPhone 12 mini
  • iPhone 12 Pro
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3222?language=en_US

Thanks for sharing - I’ve not found that link. Proud owner of Arc, One, Sub - but two devices on this list. ;) Will need to find a friend with an older device soon. :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

i appreciate Sonos has cut down on staff due to Covid, but making the se compatible, is a matter of minutes it takes to write the simple code 

Not quite.  The reason they haven’t spent “minutes [...] to write the simple code” is because they need to test and develop the calibration profile, that they then implement with the code.

A more valid question would be why haven’t they acquired the phone and done this testing.  Or, isn’t the sound recording pipeline (hardware, software) of the SE identical to the iPhone 8, such that the profile would be identical.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

A more valid question would be why haven’t they acquired the phone and done this testing.  Or, isn’t the sound recording pipeline (hardware, software) of the SE identical to the iPhone 8, such that the profile would be identical.

FYI the iPhone SE is supported now.