Trueplay freezes

• 26 June 2018
  • 2 replies

Even though SONOS has closed the original topic with this name it does not mean that the problem is solved yet. Trying to measure my living room with an iPhone 8Plus (everything in the latest version) causes a freeze. But I do not wonder any more. Every request to the hotline I made before went to nothing, so I assume this problem will never be solved as every other problem users have with their products.
On X-Mas I will do my self a favour and swith to YAMAHA.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there sonosnbg. Thanks for posting. I'm happy to clear up our position on closing topics. Typically, only troubleshooting topics are closed if the original post has already been addressed, the topic has turned away from the original post, and/or it has gone stale with no one replying in a long time. It doesn't mean that something has been resolved necessarily.

Here is a good rule of thumb: If there is a problem you are experiencing and would like support, create a topic. That way, the Community at large can see the topic better and we (at Sonos) can track it easier. If you want to join the conversation and add some perspective or insight to the original post or topic, leave a reply. When topics turn into 3-4 different people troubleshooting different networks and Sonos systems, no one wins.

That being said, thanks for making a new topic! Let's talk about what you are experiencing.

Have you tried using any other iOS device to Trueplay, such as an iPad or iPod Touch? If so, do they freeze at the same spot?
Would you mind attempting to Trueplay, causing the freezing behavior, and after submitting a diagnostic report?

Be sure to reply here with the confirmation number it gives at the end and I'll be sure to take a closer look at what's going on.
Badge
Hi there sonosnbg. Thanks for posting. I'm happy to clear up our position on closing topics. Typically, only troubleshooting topics are closed if the original post has already been addressed, the topic has turned away from the original post, and/or it has gone stale with no one replying in a long time. It doesn't mean that something has been resolved necessarily.

Here is a good rule of thumb: If there is a problem you are experiencing and would like support, create a topic. That way, the Community at large can see the topic better and we (at Sonos) can track it easier. If you want to join the conversation and add some perspective or insight to the original post or topic, leave a reply. When topics turn into 3-4 different people troubleshooting different networks and Sonos systems, no one wins.

That being said, thanks for making a new topic! Let's talk about what you are experiencing.

Have you tried using any other iOS device to Trueplay, such as an iPad or iPod Touch? If so, do they freeze at the same spot?
Would you mind attempting to Trueplay, causing the freezing behavior, and after submitting a diagnostic report?

Be sure to reply here with the confirmation number it gives at the end and I'll be sure to take a closer look at what's going on.

Keith,

would you take a look at my diagnostic report 1687515862? I am facing the same issue as sonosnbg. Sorry for hijacking the thread.