My TV audio comes from a Playbar, Sub and two Play:1s as surrounds.
The playbar is hard wired to the TV via optical cable and everything else is connected over wifi. It has all worked fine for 2 years
I recently upgraded to S2, and i think these problems may have occurred since that happened. System updates are scheduled autiomatically.
(For UK people I have a BT Home Hub 6 router and BT TV Box - both 18 months old)
All music services work perfectly all the time
I am getting vastly different experience from the TV
- Most of the time its all good too
- Then the sound on *some* channels starts breaking up/cutting out - I hear every other word.
- It only affects some channels - Firstly it seems to only affect subscription channels (Terrestrial/Freeview channels are not affected), but even then it doesn’t affect all channels - if one starts playing up, I can switch to another channel and it will be fine
- When the sound is cutting out it affects all the speakers mentioned above - even the hrad wired playbar
My HiFi/streamer is connected to the TV, and I can play the TV audio out of that no problem when Sonos isn’t working.
I have tried all the things I’m supposed to (I hope)
- Played with the wifi channels
- Switched everything off/on
- The only thing that has changed recently is a new neighbour, and I haven’t yet talked to him about his wifi…
- ...but even the hard wired playbar breaks up, so how can it be the wifi?
- ...and I’ve switched channels /my router has a setting to intelligently swap channels based on performance - nothing helps
Any ideas? I’m still not even sure which component is causing the problem, could be
- TV Box