Trouble Shooting Tip for iOS/iPadOS

• 20 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hi

This is a bit long but; if you continue reading, it may save you headaches with Sonos and get you back online “with a quickness" given a similar situation. Note: My Sonos is in wired mode via Boost module.

This is just a one-off solution that may save you time prior to rebooting router (which can have consequences for other internet dependent devices in your home) and/or unplugging all Sonos. It does not circumvent other tried and true solutions already presented in this community.

While listening to SiriusXM (Room/Speakers) via Sonos Amp with Sub and Def Tech speakers all went silent! First thought was to open the Sonos App (S2) on my iPhone 12 Pro Max and restart the stream. To my surprise my system could not be found???

I’m not one to immediately start unplugging speakers and re-booting router. So I checked the LED status lights on all my Sonos equipment and they were all White. I was even able to command Alexa; via another speaker, to start SiruisXM stream to the Room/Speakers.

I then went to my iPad Pro and the Sonos App was visible and able to command all Sonos. Conclusion the issue was isolated to my iPhone.

To trouble shoot my iPhone I first restarted it…No Joy. I deleted the Sonos App and reinstalled it..No Joy (Sonos could not be found). However, the iPhone could still connect to the internet download email and surf websites. Other Apps that required internet connection worked without issue. Sonos system status showed no issues. So what to do??

iOS devices can sometimes run into conflict with certain apps that require network privileges. To resolve the issue I deleted the Sonos App (again). On my iPhone I went to: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. After the reset is complete cellular will connect with no further intervention. Wi-Fi may require entering the network password.

After the above was complete I reinstalled the Sonos App (S2) and logged in….All Good.

Hope this helps someone!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AjTrek1 

Thanks for sharing your findings!