Trouble casting to sonos

I have 2 sonos speakers. I can cast from my phone using google play music (GPM) to one speaker, but not the other. When i try to cast to that speaker, i can see that the casting icon does not connect. I know the speaker is working since I can use another source to play music. This was working the other day. But for some reason it has stopped. The only thing of note i can think of, is that i was experimenting with that speaker on using line-in (wired) to play youtube music from my phone. That worked but it seems that casting has stopped working since then. Very strange. I've restarted the speaker and the phone and still cannot cast to it. Any suggestions on troubleshooting this issue? Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9
Do you need to cast from your phone? Can you not add GPM to your Sonos system as a music source and stream direct?
When I try to set up the Sonos to play GPM directly it complains that it cannot play the free version.
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
If you are not paying for GPM, then your free storeage music is in the GPM my music folder, when you browse...I think that is what it is called
Thank you Paulw for the suggestion. I will investigate it as an alternative. My primary focus is to understand why casting to the PLAY:5 has stopped working.
To all that are interested. I spoke with customer support and they said that there is a bug in the latest version of the software that prevents successful casting to a gen 1 Play:5. It is a bug that they are working on. Resolution date is tbd.
Victor T. wrote:

To all that are interested. I spoke with customer support and they said that there is a bug in the latest version of the software that prevents successful casting to a gen 1 Play:5. It is a bug that they are working on. Resolution date is tbd.

well, poo.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings