Transfer Sonos to new WiFi.

• 13 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 6 replies

Hi Guys,

I’ve run into a problem: I have bought a Mesh WiFi from Google and I want to get all my Sonos speakers from my old WiFi to this new mesh thing. 

But it doesn’t seem to work. Can someone help me with the exact steps I need to take? When I follow the guide in the Sonos S2 app it doesn’t work, so maybe there’s something I’m missing?

I have a Sub G3, two Ones and a Beam. 

Thanks,

Mads

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Malm.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to ask if we can best describe as detailed and as accurate as possible your Wifi network. I would like to enumerate the steps to be followed accordingly so we can best follow what needs to be done.

1. Temporarily connect one of your Sonos device directly to the router via ethernet cable. (ethernet cable first before power)
  2. Once the Sonos device connected to the router has a solid white light, power cycle the rest of the Sonos devices (unplug them from power and plug them back into power after 10-15 seconds) not connected to the router starting with the Sonos device closest to the Sono device connected to the router.
  3. Force close and re-open the Sonos app. Double-check to make sure all devices are showing on the Sonos app.
  4. Once confirmed, Go to settings (bottom right of the Sonos app) » system » network » wireless set up
  5. Follow the prompts on the Sonos app after taping on wireless set up.

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,