Question

Transfer playlist from I tunes

• 30 October 2015
  • 11 replies

I transfer playlist of 600 songs from I tunes (alphabetical artist a-z) transfer to sonos a-m is alphabetical all others are in a random (shuffle) format what happened ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
you sure you don't have shuffle turned on in Sonos.
no
as noted some of the playlist has arrived in alphabetical order a-m the other are random? They are alphabetical in the iTunes playlist. 2nd question, When I add new tracks to a q does it sort them alphabetically or just add to the bottom
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Adding new should just go to bottom in sonos
so how do I transfer a playlist that is in alphabetical order to sonos and have it remain in alphabetical order (always) note that I am constantly adding to my play list (example new albums released in 2015 updated mthly)
Ok got the solution, need to go to your playlist on iTunes right click on chosen playlist and select COPY TO PLAY ORDER then go to sonos, MANAGE select UP DATE LIBARY it all works now Found on youtube
Can I play iPod music directly on Sonos?
No you need to transfer your music to Sono 1st
Your scenario is if you have a friend come by the house with their I pod and you want to listen to their music on your sonos system. Cant be done with out 1st transferring that music to the Q. This is a weakness in the system, the iTunes platform is all for want to manage your music .Sonos should be the player only!
as other competitors create there wireless systems this will be a deciding factor in what you might choose in the future
No you need to transfer your music to Sono 1st
Your scenario is if you have a friend come by the house with their I pod and you want to listen to their music on your sonos system. Cant be done with out 1st transferring music to the Q. This is a weakness in the system, the iTunes platform is all for want to manage your music .Sonos should be the player only!
as other competitors create there wireless systems this will be a deciding factor in what you might choose in the future

Thanks for the help. It worked.
Correction (typo)
This is a weakness in the system, the iTunes platform is all you want to manage your music .Sonos should be the PA system only!
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Have you ever read the instructions?
What instructions are you referring to ?